Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Recovery

Posted by on Oct. 27, 2010 at 12:04 PM
  • 6 Replies
  • 547 Total Views

How long does it take to recover? When will be able to get up and walk around?

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
by on Oct. 27, 2010 at 12:04 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
Andi8kay7
by on Oct. 27, 2010 at 1:22 PM

Its different for everyone.  With my first I was stapled (i would advice against getting them)  They got me up that night to walk around a bit.  It was pretty hard but do able.  Then my second section they glued me and it was SO MUCH BETTER!  They to had me get up that night and it was so easy.  I did know what to expect though.  I felt great after my second section the whole hospital stay and everything.  A week after I didn't even feel like I had a c-section.  I could get down on the floor and get up with no help.  I could sleep on my belly, which I couldn't do for months after my first.

Main thing is when you get home TAKE IT EASY!  Even if you feel good, rest when the baby does if you can.  Keep your feet up.  Have someone waiton you if ya can! 

Nicolle_09
by on Oct. 27, 2010 at 3:38 PM

With mine I was stapled and had the tape.  I wasnt allowed up for the 1st 24 hrs but its different for everyone.  And it doesnt feel too good when you do get up for the 1st time.  I was pretty well healed with in a week or two

Roadfamily6now
by Bronze Member on Oct. 28, 2010 at 6:42 PM

With my first I was feeling pretty good at day 5 and but it took a long time to actually heal. I did get in infection and was back in the ER 3 times for antibiotics and stuff.

With my 2nd, i underestimated my recovery, Everyone said the second time was easier and better, espeically when you know its coming. I have to disagree. My second C-section was horrific! I was in pain for 3 weeks. I had to take drugs at home to just walk. It sucked.

JustWaiting121
by Member on Oct. 29, 2010 at 9:57 AM

OH NO!!! I was just starting to get over being scared!! I don't have to have a c-section... but my baby has gastroschisis and I just feel like it's the safer way to go because it'll put less pressure and stress on her and me. I'm hoping that they'll let me get into a wheel chair and take me to her at the NICU that same night... because otherwise I won't be able to see for a while and that will just kill me more than anything!!

Quoting Roadfamily6now:

With my first I was feeling pretty good at day 5 and but it took a long time to actually heal. I did get in infection and was back in the ER 3 times for antibiotics and stuff.

With my 2nd, i underestimated my recovery, Everyone said the second time was easier and better, espeically when you know its coming. I have to disagree. My second C-section was horrific! I was in pain for 3 weeks. I had to take drugs at home to just walk. It sucked.

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
C.H.E.L.S.E.A
by on Oct. 31, 2010 at 1:25 PM

i was up and walking, using the bathroom, etc 7 hrs after i was wheeled into my room. it was painful, but tolerable (i have a very high pain tolerance though). everyone was surprised at how well i was getting around so soon. but even though i didnt feel too much pain and could get around, it took a while before i could sleep in comfortable positions. i couldnt lay down at all, so i had to sleep in a semi-sitting position for weeks. oh, and i had staples...i dont know if what they use makes a difference, but thats what i had

towerjunkie1989
by New Member on Oct. 31, 2010 at 1:34 PM
they had me get up the next day. I'm not going to lie it took me awhile to walk. There was pain but it was good to get out of bed. If you laugh sneeze or cough try to have your hand on the incision. Ask for help. Get up as much as you can and make sure you take your pain medicine at home. My husband forgot mine for a day and i felt like i couldn't move. Sleeping on the couch was easier for me to get out of. I had mine at the end of august so message me if you have any more questions
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)