Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Totally not interested in VBAC

Posted by   + Show Post
I may be the only one, but my first baby was emergency section. I'm due in November and looking forward to another section. Anyone else have no desire to consider a VBAC?
by on Mar. 12, 2011 at 12:14 PM
Replies (11-19):
MeggieLee22
by Member on Apr. 26, 2012 at 2:15 PM

I was given the option with my second but I was told (as I suspected) that the results would probably be the same.  It didn't really matter to me as I had no desire to try a VBAC anyways, but I'm glad they would have let me if I wanted to.  I was not given the option with my third (current) but that's okay by me as well.

raye-chan
by New Member on May. 9, 2012 at 6:24 PM
1 mom liked this

Honestly, I doubt I'll be able to do a VBAC because they told me my body was too small to push them out. And after having a 30 hour labor, I honestly don't think I want to go all through that then end having a emergency c-section in the end. 

TATUMSMOMMY456
by Member on Sep. 5, 2012 at 9:46 AM
Totally agree!! Too many risks involved!
inurdreamz712
by Member on Sep. 5, 2012 at 11:46 AM

I am currently ttc and am looking forward to another c-section. My first was an emergency, but I do not want a vbac!

calvinsmommy18
by Member on Jun. 3, 2013 at 9:09 AM
This

Quoting Mom2girls0708:

I would do a c section all day long.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
RichardsMom0209
by New Member on Jun. 3, 2013 at 9:13 AM

I have no interest in a VBAC either. I had a c-section with my first. And when I found out I was pregnant again my doctor asked if I wanted to try. I told him I'd rather not. He was ok with it. I'm having my second c-section in 9 days.

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickersLilypie Pregnancy tickers
PinkHart
by on Jun. 3, 2013 at 3:07 PM

I have no desire. Both my kids were required csections and any there after. The thought of a vbac just isn't something I will entertain even if told it was possible.

Roadfamily6now
by Bronze Member on Jun. 3, 2013 at 9:33 PM
Quoting TATUMSMOMMY456:

Totally agree!! Too many risks involved!
For the vast majority of women, a c-section will be a riskier way to give birth. But like I've already stated in this post, women should be free to make their own decision about how they want to birth. I feel it's important to know all the facts involved and not to be fed false information.

Tammy

5 VBACs and counting!

Doula, Certified Lactation Counselor, Apprentice Midwife

"Birth is not an Emergency, it is simply an Emergence"
Jeannine Pavarti Baker

GoodyBrook
by Member on Jun. 3, 2013 at 11:24 PM
1 mom liked this

I opted to go for a VBAC, knowing that if I failed, I could always have another section. 

There were a lot of unknown factors going into it, but the risks were less than having another surgery.  And I'm a big chicken as far as surgery...

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)