Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

How soon

Posted by on Jan. 5, 2012 at 11:00 AM
  • 5 Replies
  • 573 Total Views
After your c-section did you start working out? I want to start walking or doing light excersise, but I only had my daughter 2.5 weeks ago.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Jan. 5, 2012 at 11:00 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
Roadfamily6now
by Bronze Member on Jan. 5, 2012 at 12:54 PM

as long as it does not involve your belly, you can do light weights and stuff. Sitting and doing some arm exercises should be okay. But remember that if it hurts, DON'T DO IT!

Best time to really start getting back into a workout routine is after 6 weeks. Also, please check with your care provider as each person's situation is unique.

CVislosky
by on Jan. 6, 2012 at 8:48 AM

I took walks with my son. Nice and short so I didn't get overly tired. I used to take him for 3 walks a day. Morning, afternoon, and evening. For a while, that was the only way he would stop crying... He would just cry and cry so I'd take him for walks and outside to sit in the sun... He was an outside baby. lol.

momma1013
by on Jan. 8, 2012 at 4:55 PM
I walked from day one. Short distances at first then started w/ a mile after my 2 wk appointment. I started cardio combo classes (step/kick boxing/sculpting) after 6-8 weeks.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
WONDERMOMMY326
by Member on Jan. 8, 2012 at 8:28 PM

YOU SHOULD TRY TOT TAKE IT EASY FOR AT LEAST 6 WEEKS WHEN I WORKED OUT 3 WEEKS AFTER MY C SECTION I PULLED MUSCLES THAT WERE STILL GROWING BACK TOGETHER AND IT WAS PAINFULL AND MY RECOVERY TOOK LONGER. 

esuperfical
by Member on Feb. 22, 2012 at 5:58 PM

I have been doing regular daily activities but then I decided to take a walk on a nice day that involved going up so slight hills & I felt it the next day. Im 7 weeks PP. Try to take it easy so you dont hurt yourself.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)