Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Constipation?

Posted by on Feb. 21, 2012 at 9:30 AM
  • 6 Replies
  • 574 Total Views

I just had my baby girl a week ago via c-section, and I'm really constipated! I feel like I need to go really bad, but can't and it is starting to hurt really bad... With my first baby I was constipated, but not this bad to the point I could not go. Has this happened to anyone else? And if so how did you handle it/what did you do? Help please :(

by on Feb. 21, 2012 at 9:30 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
Roadfamily6now
by Bronze Member on Feb. 21, 2012 at 12:51 PM
1 mom liked this

there are a few things you can do.

I prefer natural things first before resorting to drugs.

you can try the following in any order and even together.

Prunes! lots of prunes. They make flavored ones now so you might find one you like. Eat up to 10-12 the first day to help things get flowing. Continue to eat 3 - 4 per day to maintain.

Apple Juice, works great for some people.

WATER! don't stop drinking as much water as you can. I fill up a gallon water jug each morning and aim to drink it before I go to bed.

Fiber, eat more fiber.  food with fiber

Calcium/Magnesium supplements.  Magnesium is famous for helping with constipation.  You can also try  "Milk of Magnesia" to help get things rolling and then take the cal/mag daily to prevent.

Good Luck. Being constipated is no fun all all.

esuperfical
by Member on Feb. 22, 2012 at 5:52 PM

That happened to me & I took stool softners & drank alot of water.

mamak3211
by Member on Feb. 23, 2012 at 9:32 PM

Have you been taking stool softeners? I was taking stool softeners I think twice a day for a week then on and off for the next 2 week.s

jbishop928
by Member on Feb. 24, 2012 at 4:21 AM
Fiber one products! Definitetly take stool softeners too.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Luna88
by New Member on Feb. 24, 2012 at 3:28 PM

Yes I have been taking stool softeners, and drinking tons of water. It seems to be getting a little bit better. Thanks guys for all the suggestions :-)

CocoaKisses70
by on Feb. 27, 2012 at 1:25 PM

I was told that things slow to a crawl because of pain meds given during delivery,I usually ask for colace( stool softner) the day after I deliver so that I can get things moving by the time they want to discharge me.

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)