Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

the reason for my c-section...

Posted by on May. 14, 2007 at 7:05 PM
  • 443 Replies
  • 14451 Total Views
Everyone's need for a c-section is different, I thought it would be nice to share what our reason's were...it doesn't have to be long like your welcome story, just what led you to the c-section/s...

My first was labeled FTP (failure to progress) and CPD (small pelvis big baby) my second was suspected uterine rupture (but no rupture...thankfully)
by on May. 14, 2007 at 7:05 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
sll1976
by on May. 14, 2007 at 8:05 PM
My son was breech.  He came out tushy first.  *LOL*  His first rebellious act was mooning the doctor. 
deadgirl
by on May. 14, 2007 at 11:29 PM
FTP
.Mrs.B.
by on May. 14, 2007 at 11:45 PM
Sudden and violent blood loss at 2 cm. I didn't have a choice. I'm just lucky I was at the hospital when it happened.
rachelkay23
by on May. 18, 2007 at 12:19 AM
My baby's heartrate was dropping really low so they wanted to get her out fast!
MelaneesMommie
by on May. 19, 2007 at 3:09 AM
my daughter was breech and she had her cord wrapped around her neck and chest.
TwistedRozes731
by on May. 19, 2007 at 5:23 PM
The reason for my c-section was because I had ended up with some complications at the last minute (In which I had none during the whole course of my pregnancy - considering the health problems I have)....Started having seizures one morning....Had to have an emergency c-section. My son was 29 days early. They told me the seizures were caused by toxemia & pre-eclampsia....
ilovemychildren
by on May. 19, 2007 at 5:47 PM

With my son it was failure to progress and well they thought I might any ways because of having a smaller pelvis....I had the same doctor that brought me into the world via c-section, so he knew my mom's and my history! With my daugher I opted for the repeat just because I knew there was a chance I'd have one anyways!!!

Plaingirl123
by on May. 19, 2007 at 6:03 PM
Found out at 38 weeks she was a footling breech( I thought her butt was really big but it turned out to be her head!)
parents2bkl
by on May. 20, 2007 at 12:32 PM
I had 2 c-sections because both of my kids were breech!  and I had gestational diabetes so i was having big babies. my daughter was 8.9lbs 3 weeks early and my son was 9.9lbs!
CallumsMum
by on May. 20, 2007 at 7:43 PM
I started getting high blood pressure roughly around my 34th week and was sent home with strict bedrest.  I carried my son until I was induced on my 41st wk as my blood work started to go a little bonkers.  I ended up having my C after my son FTP and it turned out he was facing sideways into my pelvis.  His little heartbeat was starting to slow down in my 8th hour of labour so I had a C.  Everything turned out just fine.  He was red as a little beetroot, but was born Jan 3, 2007 at 1:30am and weighed 7lb 12oz.  Nice to meet all of you!
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)