Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Period after c-section?

Posted by on Jan. 27, 2009 at 10:11 AM
  • 6 Replies
  • 659 Total Views

Hey 1st time c-section on 1/2, just wondering yesterday started with gas like bloated feeling in tummy and back. When does the period start after a csection. I don't have period like cramps just the gas and bloated feeling. I am not bleeding anymore since the csection that stopped like 1 week ago.

Thanks for the advice!

Proud to announce:
Justin Matthew 1/2/09 8:46pm
10lbs 1.7 oz 22 1/2 inches
by on Jan. 27, 2009 at 10:11 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
moms11angels
by Member on Jan. 27, 2009 at 11:23 AM

BUMP!!!!

AmericanChild82
by on Jan. 28, 2009 at 2:37 AM

I bled for like 6 weeks after both my c-sections and I didnt get my period for months because I was nursing. But it can come on at anytime and I really do recommend using some form of b/c. I also waited 8 weeks before having sex again even though my dr said I'd be ok at 6. It takes time for your body to to recoup from having such major surgery  plus the hormone levels to get back to normal too, so dont worry if you dont start right away.

DixieRoadrash
by on Jan. 28, 2009 at 1:29 PM

Oh gosh, I think went about 6 months before I had a period. Then I only had one because I went on the pill for a couple months. Once i had a couple of regular periods I quite taking it.

hanasmommie
by Member on Jan. 28, 2009 at 1:36 PM

I bled for a few weeks and my period started 1 month after I stoped bleeding from the c section.

EsmeVincent
by Member on Jan. 28, 2009 at 1:44 PM

well after I had my ds I bled for about 4 or 6 weeks and as soon as I quit my calender told me that my period should start like the next week and I thought 'oh god not more blood?!' but it didn't show up for another month which I was sooooo relieved.  If you are concerend I'd call your dr to ask about it.

babygrlsmommy
by New Member on Jan. 28, 2009 at 1:47 PM

For me it started while I was still in the hospital, the pain from the insicion *sp* hurt more for me then the cramps, infact, I don't even recall having cramps!  But, I started bleeding right away, I think the day right after I had my daughter, because they put these huige hospital pads on me, and I bleed through them!  It lasted for about 6 weeks though.  Congratulations on your baby!!

babygirlsiggy1205.gif picture by piink-lem0nade

ttcBABY NUMBER 2

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)