Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Must Give Him Credit....

Posted by on Oct. 12, 2009 at 9:01 AM
  • 3 Replies
  • 282 Total Views

I was worried about my husband playing WOW all the time with me going back to work (overnights) and with having a 7 week old daughter, (along with him without a job).  He has gotten her to calm down with watching all the colors and movement on the screen but sometimes I wondered if he was a little TO MUCH into the game.

Well, I got a call at work last night that my daughter had fallen and he was worried something was wrong. (No, she did not manage to hit the floor he caught her and ended up hurting himself rather then her getting hurt.)   I guess he was in the middle of a raid when she started crying and he stopped in the middle of the raid and left because she was crying and he wanted to take care of her and get her settled down.  He is now fighting with his "guild master" over the incident because the guy wants to kick him out all because he left in the middle of a raid to take care of his screaming child.

I've got to admit that means a lot to me that he is at the point of not caring that he is possibly being kicked out for taking care of his daughter because he admits his daughter is more important then a game. 

by on Oct. 12, 2009 at 9:01 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-3):
Tastyswife
by Member on Oct. 12, 2009 at 6:02 PM

If his guild leader wants to g-kick him for taking care of his child, then your hubby can find a better guild.  I have to give your man props for stopping mid raid to care for your daughter.  I usually try not to schedule anything else during raid nights, because I know that when my man raids his head is not on our kids.  He is a guild leader, so if he leaves everything falls apart.

Notte_Bella
by New Member on Oct. 12, 2009 at 8:46 PM

His guild likes to run everything at night and it's usually fine with my schedule but I'm the head one on nightshift so I'm always on call.  We also don't think his GM realizes our daughter is 7 weeks old.

AmyL
by on Oct. 13, 2009 at 8:16 AM

Quoting Notte_Bella:

His guild likes to run everything at night and it's usually fine with my schedule but I'm the head one on nightshift so I'm always on call.  We also don't think his GM realizes our daughter is 7 weeks old.

I doesn't matter how old the GM thinks your daughter is.  Family comes first no matter what.  He needs to tell his GM to shove it!  I'd go find a new guild.  Makes me wonder how old his GM is.  My husband's GM is an older woman with kids of her own so I know she wouldn't have a fit if my husband walked away in the middle of a raid.

Thumbs up to your husband for having his priorities straight!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)