Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

This is a group for women who have s/o in their lives that play World of Warcraft.  My husband seems to be obsessed with it.  Whether he plays too much, or plays a little, this group is for you.  I also play a little and it will be interesting to see who all plays as well. Maybe you play with your husband?  Let's all get to know each other and maybe we can all play together.  Please remember to be polite and curtious to one another.

Have Fun!!

by on Nov. 24, 2007 at 2:15 PM
Replies (21-30):
ryan81907
by on May. 8, 2008 at 3:19 PM
My S/O calls it wife and/or baby AGRO! :) and if My son has a messy diaper and I refuse to change it b/c I make him change at least 1 messy diaper he tells the people that he's playing with that he has to go change his sons "Epic Drop"
Quoting mom_love07:

OMG!

I can totally relate to almost everyone, my s/o plays way too much and it irrates me too. Cuz he works nights so he gets home at 6am sleeps til like 4pm gets up gets on WOW eats supper bout 6 plays again n gets ready for owrk bout 8:30 and barely helps me with the baby then wonders why i b*tch at him lol. I have a chacecter to got to lvl7 n gave up

BigMomo
by Group Owner on May. 9, 2008 at 3:05 PM
lol, that's funny!
Quoting ryan81907:

My S/O calls it wife and/or baby AGRO! :) and if My son has a messy diaper and I refuse to change it b/c I make him change at least 1 messy diaper he tells the people that he's playing with that he has to go change his sons "Epic Drop"
Quoting mom_love07:

OMG!

I can totally relate to almost everyone, my s/o plays way too much and it irrates me too. Cuz he works nights so he gets home at 6am sleeps til like 4pm gets up gets on WOW eats supper bout 6 plays again n gets ready for owrk bout 8:30 and barely helps me with the baby then wonders why i b*tch at him lol. I have a chacecter to got to lvl7 n gave up

Join my group: Wives of World of Warcraft Players

http://www.cafemom.com/group/WorldofWarcraft

beadlet27
by Member on May. 28, 2008 at 11:39 PM
hi all.. new to this board.. didn't notice it til I seen it on someone's siggy on another posted topic.
 My husband is big on WoW, and EQ2.. and drives me bonkers.. he recently had to shut down a gaming center he owned.. not enoug business in the area.. but he would play the games at work.. come home play the games. play til realy late at night 4-6am.. and then complain when my son woke up that he was tired (I was already gone to work), and would be on the game all day while I was at work (only way he said he was able to stay awake cuz he was tired)
sorry.. WoW drives me bonkers.. I don't have a character, I always get a wait a minute, .. and hubby is always doing raids.. omg.. raids.. who else here is sick of raids..
I know exactly how all you others feel.. (sadly it's caused too many marrital issues as well).. hopefully they are very soon fixable, or else.. adios :(
sadly more important is the gaming getting certain armor from certain boses in raids, than spending time with me or our son.
jailee92
by New Member on Jun. 1, 2008 at 4:52 PM
I have been looking for someone to talk to for years. My husband has been playing WOW for years. Before Wow it was Everquest! It never ends. We have been Married for almost 16 years and most of it he has been on the computer. We have even separated a few time because of it. Its always the same thing "I promise I play less it will be different this time" and always it goes right back to the same. When is computer crashed he was miserable, but the kids and I were happy. He hadn't spent that much time with us since before our daughter was born and she is almost 8. Then his computer was fix and we lost him. My parents and brothers are fed up also. They have seen the damage it has caused our family. I am a single parent in a marriage. It's very lonely.
trenie
by New Member on Jun. 4, 2008 at 9:48 AM
Hello ladies, I am the wife of a WOW addict, and yes he is an addict! This game consumes his every waking moment & spare time. I am so sick of this game!!! I saw this group on a banner from someone else in another post, OMG am I so glad to find a group like this. Finally people that can relate to what I'm going through. I've tried the bi**hing & nagging, even threatening with divorce & that we need marriage counseling, but nothing works, it's like he's in his own little world. He talks about all these events happening, & I have to say "Ok, in your make-believe world or in the real world?" The other thing is that my husband is an Iraqi veteran dealing with PTSD & a minor brain injury, so along with PTSD sometimes comes addictions, fortunately for us it's not alcohol or drugs, but WOW still takes time away from his family, & it is still controlling his life! Of course he doesn't think he's addicted, he says it helps his mind, it challenges him; he has memory problems, so he has notes everywhere about this game, & you know maybe it does, but there are other challenging things as well. Also along with PTSD is social anxiety, & of course this game just isolates him from society more, he doesn't want to socialize with anyone, everyone is out to get him, or they are all drug heads, or something crazy. However I have finally gotten him to go to church on Sun. mornings, so small baby steps I guess. Anyway,... I feel like I'm a crazy woman, b/c every-time I see him on that game, I start steaming out the ears, my head blows up & my face turns red!!! Ok, that's an exaggeration, but you get the point. I really want my husband to get better and function again, & I feel like this game preventing him from getting better. I'm so glad I found a group that understands the what spouses & children go through living with a WOW addict.
KSixberry
by on Dec. 4, 2008 at 12:28 PM

My DH plays for hours on end and calls it "work." It gets rather annoying. He has a level 80 shadow priest. Goes by the name Userhater. Not sure what server he is on. But I have tried to play it. I am only on it for 30 minutes before he kicks me off. Which I am thankful for otherwise, well... NOTHIGN WOULD GET DONE! lmao

Free BlinkiesFree BlinkiesFree BlinkiesFree BlinkiesFree BlinkiesFree BlinkiesFree Blinkiesbaby developmentbaby

Lexi_TeenMommy
by on Dec. 9, 2008 at 8:39 PM

Hello All! My addict is in "rehab" :) He used to be REALLY bad, but with time has gotten much better. Now he only plays a few hours at night, normally when I'm doing my own stuff on my laptop. I used to play with him when our youngin was first born, but now she has WAY too much energy for me to sit and play something. I got all the way to level 19 :) GO ME! But then we stopped paying for it because I never got to playt. It will be nice talking to people who are driven insane by a game.

Val3
by on Dec. 10, 2008 at 2:19 PM

Hi! My name is Val and my hubby plays that game for hours on end!! It also bothers me sometimes. His name is honkatonk (i think) if any of you ladies play that game

MrsJasonHubler
by on Jan. 26, 2009 at 5:12 PM

Hello Ladies!  I am so very glad that I have joined cafemom and now this group.  My husband is an addict and has been for the last year.  This is how our normal day goes.  Husband wakes up at 4:30 am, goes to work until 1 pm; comes home showers and talks to me until 2 pm.; gets on WoW and plays until going to bed at 10:00 pm.; he will break in the evening for a half hour dinner with myself and our daughter.  On the days that he has off he plays from the time he wakes up until the time he goes to bed; with only the breaks for breakfast, lunch, and dinner.  Maybe I can find ladies in this group that wish to talk to me and befriend myself while my husband is busy doing other things that are not me or with me! 

wowwives
by New Member on Jan. 29, 2009 at 10:18 PM

I want to start a lvl 1s guild called Wives Of Wow - a motto of 'if you can't beat em join em' or better yet heal em

My hubby plays wow unless he is working or sleeping.  I play to because otherwise our entertainment time would be separate and I think that kills relationships. we have a 9 month old son and I work at home. i play a lot less then him.

I do think wow is not to blame, he would play something else instead, the problem is he needs to play..wow is just enoguh to keep his full attention, they've catored to the man's need to accomplish things and its all laid out before them like bread crumbs. they regain control of themselves and their lives for a little while.

He has always been like this, in fact after about 5 years of trying hard to fix things they are now the best they have ever been,

we set it up so he can raid 3 nights a week and only plays quests during the day  in case I need his help with the baby for a few minutes here and there. the other week nights he does dungeons or whatever cause they are easier to leave in an emergency.

i am joining here because we have found a way to make things work. i want to share with others so they can find ways to make things more fair and fix up the family's health.

i really think the underlying problems are not video games but rather some custom combo of bad sleep (apnea) bad diet (allergies) bad mental health (crazy) bad experiences (time) I made mine get healthy and he is so much better for it and I got healthy too at the same time, my baby is healthy, its nice.

we still fight now and then when he's playing too much or sneaks in a heroic in the afternoon, but he cooks the dinner, baths the baby and helps me at least an hour more a day, he still gets his game time and he's not out with the boys or off doing who knows what, he's right here in my living room. since i go into his world he comes into mine a lot more.

im pretty busy but I'm gonna try to write more in other posts instead of ranting on forever here lol gotta go baby time...:)

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)