Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Any ideas regarding a health issue I seem to be facing?? PIOG

Posted by on May. 8, 2009 at 2:15 PM
  • 6 Replies
  • 1474 Total Views

Hello again.  What is written below, was posted a while back.  I am still looking for thoughts on this condition I have, but wanted to do an "update".  I don't mean to be confusing, but what is written below, in blue, is the original post with the question.

I've been to the dentist and nothing is "going on" in that regard.  He even said my tongue looks normal. 

One poster said to check for blood sugar.  I realize diabetes is certainly a possiblility, (in just about any of us), but when I was to the doc, they tested my blood sugar and it was fine.  (I've also read that the diabetes symptom is thirst, not a "bad taste").  I don't want to rule anything out, but I don't think that's it.

It seems to now be my saliva.  It's like it's salty or somewhat like hydrogen peroxide. It's bad.  I mean it's really driving me nuts.  (Sometimes I seem to luck out and it's not so strong, but often it's so annoying, I almost can't stand it) 

I'm not on medication.  That's not it!!  I'm really baffled!!

Please read below for the original part of the post.  Thank you!

Any feedback would be appreciated.

I have something going on that is driving me insane.  I have a bad taste in my mouth, and it won't go away.  It's metalic tasting as far as I can tell.  I know this sounds really weird, but it's also feels like it's metalic and "foamy".

I am fanatic on brushing/flossing/tongue brushing,,, so it's just not a lack of hygiene.

I am over due for a visit to the dentist, but I'll be seeing him soon.   I don't see a dental emergency going on (like an abcess or anything strange).

Any feedback would be appreciated.  It's really driving me nuts. I can eat okay, but liquids (water, beer, soda etc) do not taste right anymore.

thank you

by on May. 8, 2009 at 2:15 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
badwaitress11
by Group Owner on May. 8, 2009 at 4:27 PM

Get your blood sugar tested.  Symptom of high blood sugar.

beachatsunset
by Group Admin on May. 8, 2009 at 8:05 PM

It could be a reaction to any medication you are taking if any. Also can be a gum infection. There are several things it could be. I would start off with the dentist first and see how it goes from there.

"Love means to commit oneself without guarantee, to give oneself completely in the hope that our love will produce love in the loved person. Love is an act of faith, and whoever is of little faith is also of little love." -- Erich Fromm

Robsessed98
by on Dec. 24, 2010 at 1:53 PM

Totally agree with both answer above. You need to see your MD.

Stevie_71
by on Mar. 12, 2012 at 7:51 PM

Have you been using any teeth whiteners ? Or even a tooth paste with whitener in it? It kills good bacteria in your mouth and can cause bad taste and sometimes strange dots on your tongue.

anatara
by on Apr. 4, 2012 at 8:08 AM
Hi, do you have any amalgam fillings in your mouth? I have a friend who was experiencing a similar thing. Her dentist said it was due to her metal fillings. Apparently the mercury slowing gets released into some peoples systems and this is one of the symptoms. She had them systematically removed, as you can't do it all in one go, and the metallic 'taste' has gone! That said I have amalgam fillings in my mouth with no side effects that seem related, so I guess we are all different. Hope this helps :)
mapleleafwoman
by Bronze Member on Apr. 4, 2012 at 10:50 AM

This was my first thought... that the metallic taste could be coming from the fillings.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN