Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

So...how did they do?

Posted by on Jan. 2, 2009 at 9:00 PM
  • 4 Replies
  • 187 Total Views

My husband did fantastic over the holidays.( Can't say the same about me) He had really started being strick on himself the first of Dec. & didn't skip a beat through the holidays. I am so proud of him. His #'s are getting better & his blood pressure is really improving. And here is the best part.. he lost 12 pounds !!!! He is hoping to lose a couple more before he goes to the doc's in a couple weeks. I started taking better care of my diet 2 days after Christmas & will stick to it. I don't want to be looking for a diabetic group on here for me. It runs on both sides of my family pretty bad. So we are supporting each other.

gloriapretty.gif picture by bubette_01rosewater.gif picture by bubette_01

by on Jan. 2, 2009 at 9:00 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-4):
anklebitr
by Group Owner on Jan. 3, 2009 at 12:12 AM

Hey that is great for your dh.bouncing

Mom of two: Caitlyn and Torin Owner of group: Hubby has type 2 diabetes

ArmyWifeMomof3
by Member on Jan. 21, 2009 at 7:13 PM

wow! that is great! i need to seriously lose weight and watch my diet... my mom has elevated bg levels... which is not good. my grandfather had type II diabetes, so i know it runs in the family on my mom's side.. .i do not want to increase my kids chances of getting it either...

but so happy for you and dh!

Catholic Moms with Christian Husbands - Group Owner http://www.cafemom.com/group/catholicmomsprotestantdads   http://www.deborhr.advancingwithus.com/    

wanderingmuse
by Member on Jan. 21, 2009 at 8:46 PM

Congrats to your husband!!  That's terrific for you too. 

My hubby was only diganosed  a few weeks ago.  The holidays actually sent him into a tailspin that almost landed him in the hospital.  He has assigned me the job of eating all the 'bad' food out of the house.  It's pretty much gone, so now it is time to commit to a healthier life style.  Maybe we can all do it together.

Laurieanne42
by on Jan. 24, 2009 at 6:41 PM

My hubby was much the same wandering...He was literally sleeping more than he was awake, lost over 30 lbs, and just seemed to change right before our eyes. It was pretty scary. Now, he's got the color back in his cheeks, is toned up, and has more energy than he knows what to do with. It's a work in progress but we're trudging right along. :-)

Laurie

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)