Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

We need to work together

Posted by on Aug. 28, 2009 at 9:46 AM
  • 2 Replies
  • 200 Total Views

I wish this group was more active, I mean, we are all going through this hard thing and sometimes, as a wife or SO of a diabetic it can be very isolating. How many other ppl do you know that has to worry constantly about what their DH is eating or if they're excercising? I remember when my DH was in the hosp, it was extra hard b/c nobody I know has to be put into the position of care taker for a grown man. It is so frusrating having to 'babysit' and constantly monitor their eating habits, but we do it b/c, well, it's what we have to do. And honestly, as much as I love my DH I don't mind, I just wish there was someone I could compare notes with. A support system that knows what I am going through. I was really excited to find this group but it is slow. We need to work together to make it not only easier on our men, but also on ourselves.

starbucks.jpg funny vintage image by magicalmuggle105funny-1-2-1.jpg vintage humor image by teeny-01

by on Aug. 28, 2009 at 9:46 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-2):
anklebitr
by Group Owner on Sep. 2, 2009 at 10:48 AM

I get frustrated too. I wish my DH would workout more.  Even if it is just going out for a walk with the kids and I a couple evenings a week.   He is on all these other meds that I feel make the diabetes worse.  I am doing ok with cooking healthy food.  As long as he doesn't fill his plate twice.  But then again Mike is the breadwinner so I know he is tired when he gets home from work.  And sometimes he complains that the meals are not "filling" enough.  One time he said he was still hungry I told him to wait 5-10 minutes. 

I am sorry I haven't been here much. 

LUVWJ
by on Sep. 2, 2009 at 11:06 AM

I know the feeling. Jeremy will eat til he bursts! I found out that last night he stopped at BK and bought 2 friggin' Whoppers, fries, and a Diet coke. He won't excersise at all. It can be so frustrating.  My DH is the one who goes to work, but I don't think that gives him license to eat whatever and how ever much he wants.

starbucks.jpg funny vintage image by magicalmuggle105funny-1-2-1.jpg vintage humor image by teeny-01
"Whatever you give a woman, she will make greater. If you give her sperm, she'll give you a baby. If you give her a house, she'll give you a home. If you give her groceries, she'll give you a meal. If you give her a smile, she'll give you her heart. She multiplies and enlarges what is given to her. So, if you give her any crap, be ready to receive a ton of shit."

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN