Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Notes from Our Disney Vacation

Posted by on Dec. 14, 2009 at 11:17 AM
  • 2 Replies
  • 308 Total Views

My husband, 4 year old son and I just returned from our week long trip to Disney World.  I had a blast!  Although I do have some recommendations or suggestions.  If your child is scared of the dark or not much for rides at a young age, bring someone with you who can watch them that does not mind missing out on the rides part.  He loved meeting the characters and the parades.  He did not like the how load the fireworks are and cried and screamed during Epcot one.  He did not want to ride anything like a roller coaster or things that spin or went in circles.  So his favorite rides were the 3D movie things like PhiharMagic, Muppets, Talking to Crush, Monster Laugh Floor....and he liked slow rides like Many Adventures of Pooh, Peter Pan, Small World, Living on the Land, and so on.  The only thing he liked at Epcot was Nemo thing and meeting characters.  Animal Kingdom he loved Safari and Festival Lion King.  He HATED Tough to be a Bug.  It did not help we sat right next to where the big cricket pops up and scared to crap out of him and the darkness and smoke.  He loved Test Track.  He was a real trooper and walked and did not complain.  Some may disagree but we are glad we did not have to lug a stroller around.  Someone told us to take one but after seeing those parents have to get on the buses with those things no way.  If we had a smaller child yes we would have but our son is almost 5.  And we went from sunrise to midnight almost everyday.  He napped about 15-20 when we stopped to eat.  I am glad he got to experience Disney World but for our son and his ways he was still too young.  I think it would have been better to wait until like 7 years old maybe.  For me it was awesome and I could live there if they let me.  He cheered when we told him we were heading home.  He is a home body and perfectly happy at home.  Me I would travel 3-4 times a year if I had the money.  So we now know he is not much for theme parks at least for now.  We will just stick to beach vacations with him.  Relaxing.  Disney World is not relaxing and we are still trying to get over this long week.  Oh and for those that said Mickey Very Merry Christmas Party was worth it, I disagree.  It was pretty and loved the Christmas stuff but the crowds were HORRIBLE.  I wanted more pictures with characters that you dont see all the time like Queen of Hearts and Scrooge...but we would have had to wait in line all night for those and missed everything else.  We got to ride alot of stuff because everyone was waiting in lines or waitng for fireworks or parades.  The parade was awesome but not work $50 a ticket.  Fireworks were great but not much different from regular Wishes except for colors and music to me.  I think they should give more than some free cocoa and cookies.  Like free pictures or something.  The crowds were the worst part.  I suffer with anxiety and the crowds just got to me.  I mean we got there when the party started and the crowds was already at the castle waiting for parade.  So we skipped the first time for the parade and rode some rides and there was only like a 5 min wait for most of them.  Then came back for fireworks and parade and it was worse.  My son and husband waited in toontown and got to meet 3 princesses no wait while I was in the crowd with the fireworks.  I would do it again by myself but I know my son and husband would not like to do it again.  Dont get me wrong I LOVE DISNEY and DISNEY WORLD.  I just wish I could find the perfect time to go when there are not crowds.  I just wanted to be able to see the parades good and the castle shows but you had to get there almost 2 hours early to see good.  What is fun in sitting at Disney World waiting for 2 hours wasting time and fun with family.  Disney is awesome but the crowds are horrible.  I think they should limit the amount of people at the Christmas party more so you get a better experience. 

by on Dec. 14, 2009 at 11:17 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-2):
krazeerosie
by New Member on Dec. 18, 2009 at 7:37 PM

This past April I packed a flashlight just in case. Good thing I did. There were 6 of us( husband, 10 month old; me, my 2 yr old daughter; our 5 yr old son , and10 yr old nephew). They put us in the haunted Mansion ride in 2s. My son and nephew thankfully had the flashlight which saved the day as I  allowed them to shine it in the bottom of the ride only. They used it on 2 other rides to help my 5 yr old. 

Lilypie

Lilypie

Lilypie
beckygeiger
by on Jan. 31, 2011 at 9:00 AM

good idea i'll keep than in mind because my daughter doesn't like the dark either

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)