Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

June Visit?

Posted by on May. 17, 2010 at 4:04 PM
  • 6 Replies
  • 306 Total Views

I'm in the very early planning stages of a trip to Disney. I'm actually planning for a few years from now but trying to get some info and price estimates so we know what to expect. I obviously would prefer to visit in the fall but with our work schedule and my oldest will be in school its looking like we might have to do a summer visit. I've gone in April and its been pretty hot so I can imagine what it might be like in June. I'm just wondering has anyone visited during that time, how bad is it weather and crowd wise? Any tips for making an peak-season visit not seem too bad?

~*~ Michelle ~*~

Mommy to Alanna (6/19/06) and Eric (3/11/10)

by on May. 17, 2010 at 4:04 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
mrsjmomma
by New Member on May. 18, 2010 at 7:43 PM

We're going June 19th and I'm definitely concerned about the heat!! I'll let you know when we get back how it was:)  Right now, I'm more worried about the oil spill b/c we're heading to the beach after disney!

hopelessdork
by on May. 18, 2010 at 8:51 PM

Hopefully your beach trip will still be enjoyable, let me know how your trip goes.

~*~ Michelle ~*~

Mommy to Alanna (6/19/06) and Eric (3/11/10)

USMCWIFEFOREVER
by on May. 20, 2010 at 1:51 PM

I have been in June (B4 kids) and it is HOT and HUMID and the crowds are huge, with that said......it is very do-able!!!!  Just plan on a longer trip during the summer at least 2 more days than you would need in the Spring, that way you can still enjoy the parks while it is crowded.  You Won't have to fight to see the parade today while you are super tired and the kids are having melt downs, you can ride the rides while everyone else is watching the parade. the next day you can sit and watch the parade.  Also those extra days also allow u the time to go back to the hotel and swim during the hottest part of the day.  To tell you the truth when we go back to the hotel mid day and relax and swim it feels more like a vacation and the kids aren't exhausted by the last day of the trip. It helps keep everyone in my Family sane lolol  I haven't gone in June in yrs but will be going in a few yrs with the kids.  I think the pool think will work just as well (if not better) in June than it has worked for us in March and April.    When I try to do Commando Disney (parks all day just sitting down to eat and rest at the parks)  the kids are having melt downs by day 3, That is when we adopted rest mid day idea

hopelessdork
by on May. 20, 2010 at 8:29 PM

Thanks, I was planning on making sure we get a mid-day rest everyday. My husband wanted to stay off-site and I already convinced him on-site would be better just for that reason.

Kaismommie
by Member on May. 27, 2010 at 10:52 AM

I went in June last year and will be doing it again this year.  We go the last week in June.  It is hot and humid, but we still enjoy ourselves.  Good luck with your planning!

beckygeiger
by on Jan. 31, 2011 at 8:58 AM

We are going the 2nd week in June, we went 2 year ago in Feb and it was warm enough to wear  and t-shirts so I'm expecting warm but how crowded should it be?

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)