Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

what is the best character dinner for a 5 year old girl

Posted by on Feb. 25, 2011 at 3:27 PM
  • 9 Replies
  • 336 Total Views

We are going to Disney World this summer, during the week of my daughters 5th birthday. I was thinking of planning 1 Character dinner that has good characters, good food and not totally expensive. We went 2 years ago and did the Cindarella dinner at the floridian but the food wasnt great and she wouldnt eat anything and we spent over $100.

does anyone have any suggestions that you and your kids liked?

by on Feb. 25, 2011 at 3:27 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-9):
crazybones27
by Member on Feb. 26, 2011 at 7:39 AM
Maybe ask her which ones she'd like to eat with first. We did Chrf Mickey's for the first time for breakfast and enjoyed it. I've never done any character dinners but will be on our trip this April. We're going to do the Garden Grill. It has Mickey, Pluto, and Chip and Dale. I've read good reviews about it. Check out the restaurant section of www.disboards.com for some reviews. Good luck!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Bliss44
by Member on Feb. 26, 2011 at 1:28 PM

We LOVE the Crystal Palace.

Pawadee
by on Feb. 26, 2011 at 3:09 PM

We just got back last week. I didn't want to leave :-) My daughter  like dinner with Cinderella at 1900 Park Fare. It was not as expensive as at the Castle in Magic Kingdom. She dressed up in Cinderella dress that I brought with us. I think almost every girls dress up at that dinner. I like the food there. My husband like Chef  Mickey's. It's fun.

beckygeiger
by on Feb. 27, 2011 at 9:12 AM

we haven't told her yet, we were thinking of surprising her for her birthday so i am trying to pre-plan everything

veggietalesmom
by New Member on Mar. 2, 2011 at 6:03 PM

We are leaving for WDW on Saturday.

The princess dinner we scheduled is Akershus Royal Banquet Hall in Epcot. I have heard great reviews and our friends that go every year w/ kids our age (7 and 9) love it.

Have a good time.

TigerofMu
by on Apr. 14, 2011 at 1:11 PM

What about Disneyland?  What advice do you have there?

danarae1976
by New Member on Jan. 16, 2012 at 7:25 PM

We did the Chef Mickey's breakfast.   All the kids 7 1/2, 5 1/2, 4 1/2, and 2 1/2 had a good time.    The food was really good and the prices weren't bad.  

Tonyslady
by New Member on Sep. 9, 2012 at 5:28 PM

if you are wanting a princess meal i'd say go for the akershus restraunt in epcot...we really enjoyed our breakfast there and are planning on going back in dec

shellpooh1
by Member on Mar. 22, 2013 at 4:13 PM

i like the crystal palace with winnie the pooh and friends in magic kingdom or chef mickeys at the comteporary

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)