Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

A few Disney questions

Posted by on Mar. 23, 2011 at 1:46 PM
  • 7 Replies
  • 347 Total Views

We are planning on going to Disney for the last two days of our vacation, May 1st and 2nd. 

We 100% will be going to Magic Kingdom, I feel like all parents are obligated to take their kids, lol. My husband and I have free tickets because we won a vacation to Disney last winter. 

My IL's, SIL, her boyfriend and my daughter need to buy tickets. We plan on being there two days. Magic Kingdom is open until 11PM on May 1st.

We're debating between Epcot and Animal Kingdom as the second park. I've heard a lot of mixed reviews on each from people on the Newcomers Club. It's seems to be 50/50 on the suggestion. Someone said AK is like any zoo, one said it takes half a day. Other people don't recommend Epcot for little ones. 

What are the pro's and cons of each? Is it true that you could do AK in half a day? If so could you do all of MK in one day? Basically use the park hopper option? 

Also, is there anyway to get a discount on two day tickets?  

Thanks in advance!!!!

by on Mar. 23, 2011 at 1:46 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
Pawadee
by on Mar. 24, 2011 at 3:22 PM

We just came back from our first Disney World trip with our 4 almost 5 years old daughter last February. We all had a very good time. We only had 3 days park ticketwithout park hopper so we skip Epcot. My  daughter loves animals and dinosaures so she was very enjoy at AK, but I and my husband didn't  like it much. It was OK, like a Big zoo. I like the show there, Nemo is the best. (But everyone else  like The Lion King.) There are 2 big rides for adult. For MK you need at least 2 days to do it all. We only did couple things for my girl there. (Because we have to do something for my husband too...adult rides. ) It's the best park for kids. We did half day for Hollywood Studio. Next time we will do park hopper so my daughter can go to AK for half day and we can go to other park for the rest of the day. And we will try Epcot too.

Hope this help a little :-)

Hmcran
by New Member on Mar. 24, 2011 at 3:27 PM
Ak can be done in half a day with my family anyway, but it's much better than any zoo. Epcot oth we all love love love. In fact, next time, well take two days there as opposed to mk.

I was surprised by epcot. It our favorite by far. It's my sons 2 nd favorite, right behind ak.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
veggietalesmom
by New Member on Mar. 24, 2011 at 3:31 PM

We went a couple weeks ago and did all four parks in 4 days. Many of our friends also said AK was just a half day tops. I will tell you that my 9 yo that was her favorite park hands down and our 7 yo loved it as well. We were there for over 8 hours. We got in early and did the SAFARI in Africa area.

The kids enjoyed the 3d movies in all the parks we went to, they all had some. 

I would personally go to 2 different parks and not MK on both days - do catch the fireworks though.

Are you not interested in Hollywood Studios at all?

My kids are not big into the fast rides. So we did the easy rides in each park, many shows in all the parks as well.

There are also discounts for two days.

Also have you checked mousesavers.com for tips?

MBAwife2010
by on Mar. 24, 2011 at 7:50 PM

I checked out mousesavers but it seemed like their info was common knowledge for the most part. 

I think we will skip out on Hollywood Studios because our daughter would much rather be at Animal Kingdom and we feel like she needs to go to Magic Kingdom. 

sandrasanders
by Member on May. 15, 2011 at 12:16 AM
Here is my 2 cents since you already went on ur vacation for anyone in the same boat, there isn't a TON for young kids at Animal kingdom and its a lot of walking with little interaction between area... just mindless walking... older kids and adults may like the park, it is a great place to see mickey and the gang, epcot is good for every one, again a ton of walking but a little more to see along the way, I personaly with my family prefer Hollywood studios, I am a huge Pixar fan and so is my son, and we always go see buzz and woody. We even met lotso he smelt so good, magic kingdom is a must but you most likely wont get near mickey or anyone else unless ur lucky enough to spot them first or wait in a super long line.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
RiNKeasMom
by Member on Dec. 19, 2011 at 6:06 PM

You can def. do AK in one day/half a day. My kids honestly do not like it much, we go for the Safari ride then they are done. They do however, LOVE Epcot and always have (They have been there at ages 4 and 5months, 5 and 18months, 6 and 2 1/2....) I would pick Epcot over AK anyday...doing MK in one day on the other hand is quite hard, we spend at least 5 days there each vacation...

RiNKeasMom
by Member on Dec. 19, 2011 at 6:07 PM

Oh wow, just realized how old this is...wonder why it popped up.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN