Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Should I get the Disney Dining Plan in DISNEYLAND?

Posted by on May. 28, 2011 at 7:51 PM
  • 1 Replies
  • 260 Total Views

DisneyLAND specific post, please :)

Dining in Disneyland

Yes, I have read posts, questions, and answers until my head started spinning!  I can absolutely see the value of the dining plan, especially at Disney World.  However, from all of the information I can find, the Dining Plan at Disneyland differs drastically, AND, the Disneyland website says that no food or drink can be carried in, though other posts have stated differently.

·        Is the Dining Plan different at Disneyland? 

·        Is it possible to make a late breakfast reservation at one of the other character meals (I am planning to do lunch at Ariel's Grotto)?  How late do they have breakfast?  

·        And, advice on the Dining Plan, considering my info...Oh yes, we are a family of 6, 2 adults and 4 kids, but only our youngest two qualify as children.  Our older 2 are juniors and pay the adult price.  Our hotel has a continental breakfast, so we will only be in the park for four days during lunch and dinner. I thought about making one table service reservation for each day, even if it's not character dining.

by on May. 28, 2011 at 7:51 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-1):
TigerofMu
by on May. 28, 2011 at 7:53 PM

Here's the really long and drawn out explanation, but I think the important questions are at the top if you don't want to read my spiel:

I have read all of the posts and replies that I can find here, and I have been poring through them in other posts/groups as well.  Is the Dining Plan different at Disneyland?  Because there isn't any mention of table, quick, etc.  in their information.  Or is that just something that the "insiders" have the dirt on? :)  Also, when I booked my package, I could choose how many days I wanted the plan for, even though we are staying for 8.  Is that normal?  I've heard people mention that they didn't get it because they didn't think they'd eat at the resort every day of the trip... 

We are still tossing back and forth over getting the dining plan.  We have read everything, we have thought about it, and my husband says, "Why don't you ask on CafeMom?"  :) (He sees the value of shared wisdom.)

On one hand, we really like the idea of the meals already being paid for, and not having to use as much trip cash.  On the other, I'm not sure we will utilize it to the fullest and I don't want it to be a waste of money.  However, if it's going to let me choose how many days I want it, would it be worth it to get a smaller dining plan so I have a combination of already paid for and flexibility?  

We are definitely doing one character meal.  We will absolutely go to Ariel's Disney Princess Celebration.   I was thinking about Goofy's kitchen as well, since we can do dinner or breakfast there, and it is in a hotel, so it doesn't have to be a park day.  It seems like all the other character meals are breakfasts, and we get free breakfast at our hotel, so I feel like I'm not getting my money's worth if I go pay for breakfast somewhere :)...yes, I am a skinflint!  But, thriftiness is part of why we get to go, so I don't feel too bad :).  Is it possible to make a late breakfast reservation at one of the other character meals?  How late do they have breakfast?  

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)