Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Welcome to Disney Vacations information.

Posted by   + Show Post
I would like to welcome everyone who visits my Group Post about Disney Vacations.  If there is any questions you have please feel free to contact me & add me as a friend or just e-mail me.  I know so much about Disney as it seems to be my 2nd home.  We vacation there 2 times a year & are members of the Disney Vacation Club.  We love Mickey & Minnie so much.  So again, welcome!  Trudi
by on Mar. 19, 2007 at 6:54 PM
Replies (21-30):
JPFamilyMom
by on Jul. 14, 2008 at 10:03 AM
Hey all, new to this group. Huge Disney fan. Planning our first family (hubby and I went for honeymoon) vacation to WDW for 2009. Don't have any questions just yet, I ordered two birnbaum books for 2009 planning, they will be arriving in a couple months. So I'll be happy to share any information/tips I learn from the books, and look forward to getting tips from you all.
WeagleWeagle
by on Jul. 25, 2008 at 8:44 PM

Hi. New here. My mom and I are talking about taking a HUGE vacation in 2010. This would include not only my family of 4, but my sister and her son, my brother's family of 4 and my mom and dad. Possibly more. It'll be a big group so if anyone has any advice about going with a big group and saving us all some money, that'd be great! All our kids will be school age (except my son).

I look forward to getting to know more. I really need to start researching so I can convince my husband it's possible to do this in 2 years!

chelle1141
by Member on Jul. 25, 2008 at 9:50 PM

Hi all,

My name is Michelle, and I'm new around here.  I am a travel agent, and I specialize in Disney.  In fact, I was just down there for training last month.  I love everything Disney, and love to help people plan their vacations.  When guests book with me, it will never cost you more.  We book dining reservations, put together itineraries, handle special requests, and always with some extra pixie dust.  If a discounted package is released after you book, I'll do everything I can to get you changed to the better rate (based on availability, of course!).  I love talking Disney and helping with planning.  Feel free to drop me an email if you have any questions or are looking to book!

Michelle Davis, Travel Agent & Disney Freak

MichelleD@CruisingCo.com

TARA09
by New Member on Jan. 28, 2009 at 11:11 AM

HI.

DISNEY SEEMS LIKE AN AWESOME JOB TO HAVE. I AM GOING TO VISIT DISNEY WORLD ORLANDO THE END OF APRIL & I WOULD LOVE TO ASK YOU A FEW QUESTIONS. MY FAMILY & I WILL GO TO ALL THE PARKS & BOTH WATER PARKS. HOW DOES EVERYONE DRESS AT THIS TIME OF YEAR, AT THE PARKS & AT THE WATER PARKS? IS THERE ANY RESTRICTIONS AS FAR AS SKIMPY SWIM WEAR OR DAILY ATTIRE? ALSO, WE WILL HAVE 1 DAY TO EACH PARK, DO YOU FEEL THIS IS ENOUGH TIME TO VISIT EACH PARK? ANOTHER THING, DOES IT RAIN OFTEN AT THIS TIME OF YEAR? I THANK YOU AHEAD OF TIME.

kissTara Smith

ladyofleisure
by New Member on Mar. 2, 2009 at 10:47 AM

Quoting TARA09:

HI.

DISNEY SEEMS LIKE AN AWESOME JOB TO HAVE. I AM GOING TO VISIT DISNEY WORLD ORLANDO THE END OF APRIL & I WOULD LOVE TO ASK YOU A FEW QUESTIONS. MY FAMILY & I WILL GO TO ALL THE PARKS & BOTH WATER PARKS. HOW DOES EVERYONE DRESS AT THIS TIME OF YEAR, AT THE PARKS & AT THE WATER PARKS? IS THERE ANY RESTRICTIONS AS FAR AS SKIMPY SWIM WEAR OR DAILY ATTIRE? ALSO, WE WILL HAVE 1 DAY TO EACH PARK, DO YOU FEEL THIS IS ENOUGH TIME TO VISIT EACH PARK? ANOTHER THING, DOES IT RAIN OFTEN AT THIS TIME OF YEAR? I THANK YOU AHEAD OF TIME.

Hi Tara!

Visit Chelle1141 above your post and she can tell you anything you need to know.  She has helped me alot in making my Disney vacation plans. 

Diane

LimoMOM5
by New Member on Mar. 3, 2009 at 2:14 PM

Got to love Disney.......

I actually have a group that I JUST started for Disney Vacation Club.

http://www.cafemom.com/group/disneyvacationclub

Come on over and join.

Disney vacation club is very responable for what you get. For the amount of money you would generally spend in a year or two on vacations you could put towards a Disney Vacation club membership, with this you receive all the perks and benifits of being a member. They have so much to offter and not pushy with their sales pitch at all, unlike some other vacation clubs, or time shares out there.

LimoMOM5

janellemomof3
by New Member on Aug. 19, 2009 at 7:42 PM

I JUST GOT BACK FROM DISNEY AND KINDA WISH I KNEW ABOUT THIS GROUP BEFORE HAND..BUT THAT'S OK CAUSE I'LL BE BACK IN 2011..I JUST LOVE DISNEY...AND EVEN THO I JUST JOINED THIS GROUP I LOVE IT ALREADY..THANKS IN ADVANCE FOR ALL THE INFO THAT YOU HAVE GIVEN AND IS GOING TO CONTINUE GIVING...

SocaKay
by New Member on Sep. 10, 2009 at 10:25 PM

I missed Disney World. Haven't been back since 2002. It burned a hole in my pocket. Cost me over 3 grands for a family of 4.  I'm hoping to go back in 2010. I would love to join the DVC but I can't afford it right now.

MRSBUSYMOM
by New Member on Mar. 20, 2011 at 3:12 AM

we are taking our girls to disneyland in 2 weeks.ages 4 and 11.we are on a tight budget,any tips idea?

TigerofMu
by on Mar. 26, 2011 at 11:01 AM

Wow!  I wish I'd have known about the resources here BEFORE I booked our travel :).  Ah well, I am happy with what we've chosen.  With four kids, it is difficult to get a comfortable room with a little privacy and no one sleeping on the floor, so I was okay with paying a little more to get a "suite" with a separate room and bunk beds for the kiddos! :)  We're going in September, and are driving to Disneyland from Wyoming.

I have not been to Disneyland since I was five, when we flew from Wyoming (that was when our airport still had big jets and they still let the kids go up front and check out the cockpit).  My family went to Disneyworld when I was 15 and my brother 7, and I have taken my youngest (she was my only then) to Disneyworld, and Disneyland Paris, but both of those times were with her grandparents, and we were able to stay at Shades of Green in Disneyworld (which is AMAZING), and at the Davy Crocket Ranch in Paris.  This is really the first time I've researched and made reservations for a big trip for our whole family!  We went to Denver twice last year to go to the zoo and museum, but this is a smidge bigger ;).

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)