Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Its official

Posted by on Jan. 21, 2009 at 2:51 PM
  • 6 Replies
  • 209 Total Views

We already booked our Disneyworld trip for this Christmas...I know...early, huh? We are traveling with my husband's cousin and his family. I am so excited. I havent been to Disney at Christmas since I was a child...so I am hoping someone can tell me the best things to see/do that are Christmas related.

Best place to eat Christmas dinner?

Shows?

Do you know if Chef Mickey's does anything special for Christmas?

I know it will be crowded, but which park is the most crowded on the 24/25th?

Thanks and advice and tips would be great!

by on Jan. 21, 2009 at 2:51 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
typres052608
by Member on Jan. 21, 2009 at 3:50 PM

we're gonna be there for Christmas too (12/24-30 my sons bday is the 26th) !!! I am making ADR for the candlelight processional dinner package christmas day thst way we can get the dinner and a show, i'm not sure if you're doing a dining plan-its 1 ts for that, but the regular price for one of the tier 3 restaurants was 53.99/adult and 14.99/child for children (I got my prices from allears.net) we're gonna go to Le cellier and then catch the show-they have 1,2, and 3 tier tier 1 is the lowest prices

we're going to Animal Kingdom Christmas eve to see the animals and then Boma for dinner and then Epcot on Christmas because the holidays around the world celebrations (storytellers, parade, illuminations) came highly reccomended-I would think that as always Magic Kingdom would be the most popular/crowded

oh and all ears had these restaurants as having special holiday food items (but these are from 2007-not sure what happened for 2008)

Christmas Eve (12/24/07)
(prices are for Adult 10 years and older / Child 3-9)

Buffet with Holiday items:
1900 Park Fare $33.99 / $16.99
Boma Breakfast $20.99 / $11.99
Boma Dinner $30.99 / $14.99

Holiday Meal offering only and NO A la Carte menu items:

Victoria & Albert's $130.00 / $ N/A
Victoria & Albert's Chef Table $180.00 / $ N/A

A la Carte menu WITH holiday offerings:
Grand Floridian Cafe
Olivia's
Turf Club

Dinner Shows:
Spirit of Aloha - Category 1 $59.99 / $30.99
Spirit of Aloha - Category 2 $54.99 / $26.99
Spirit of Aloha - Category 3 $50.99 / $25.99

Christmas Day (12/25/07)

Buffet w/Holiday items:
1900 Park Fare $33.99 / $16.99
Boma Breakfast $20.99 / $11.99
Boma Dinner $30.99 / $14.99
Cape May Cafe $30.99 / $14.99
Chef Mickey's Brunch $26.99 / $14.99
Chef Mickey's Dinner $33.99 / $16.99
Trail's End $22.99 / $12.99
Yacht Club Galley $30.99 / $14.99

Family-Style with Holiday items - All you care to eat:
Liberty Tree Character Dinner $32.99 / $15.99
Liberty Tree Tavern Lunch $25.99 / $11.99
Whispering Canyon $30.99 / $14.99

Holiday Meal offering only and NO A la Carte menu items:
Citricos $62.00 / $20.00
Victoria & Albert's $130.00 / $ N/A
Victoria & Albert's Chef Table $180.00 / $ N/A

A la Carte menu WITH holiday offerings:

Artist Point
Grand Floridian Cafe
Narcoossee's
Olivia's
Turf Club
Fulton's Crab House

Dinner Shows:
Christmas at the Fort $48.99 / $28.99

oh and i've been planning this since October last year so you're not alone!! :-) good luck!!

1disneyfanmom
by on Jan. 21, 2009 at 4:21 PM

I have a friend that has been but I personally have not they told me the Magic Kingdom was the most crowed because of the parade and all but just think you might get on TV and Regis and Kelly always hosts it. And at the Disney Studies they have a huge lighting I believe it is called the Osborn Christmas and it is a huge display of Christmas lights. The rest I'm not sure of but keep checking the web and the travel channel I know Samantha Brown does a Disney at Christmas time special on the travel channel so just keep your eyes and ears open and go with the flow you know it is going to be crowed so try not to get impatient and above all have fun.

Quoting jene26:

We already booked our Disneyworld trip for this Christmas...I know...early, huh? We are traveling with my husband's cousin and his family. I am so excited. I havent been to Disney at Christmas since I was a child...so I am hoping someone can tell me the best things to see/do that are Christmas related.

Best place to eat Christmas dinner?

Shows?

Do you know if Chef Mickey's does anything special for Christmas?

I know it will be crowded, but which park is the most crowded on the 24/25th?

Thanks and advice and tips would be great!

chelle1141
by Member on Jan. 21, 2009 at 7:28 PM

The parks may fill up, so plan to stay in one park on Christmas Day.  The parade is filmed in advance, usually the first weekend of December, so you won't have that going on.  But the parade from the Very Merry Christmas Party will be. 

At the moment, dining reservations can be made 90 days in advance, so you have lots of time to decide.  Feel free to email me with any questions, I'm happy to help!

Michelle  Travel Agent & Disney Freak

Affiliated with MouseEar Vacations & Cruising Co.

MichelleD@CruisingCo.com

sandrasanders
by Member on Jan. 22, 2009 at 11:55 AM

at MK they have the parade in the AM that is broadcast live on TV, During the holidays the MK has Mickeys Very Merry Christmas Party, this starts at 7pm (Fridays and Saturdays I believe) and it is an extra ticket you have to purchase.  They have Cookies and Coco (apple juice and apple slices also) free around the park 

Epcot has the Candlelight Processional (which I sung in 4 x while in high school) I think around Christmas they have Felisha Rashad  (thats Mrs. Cosby from the Cosby show) this is not an extra charge to see the show, but you have to get there early to get a seat, other wise you can purchase a meal and VIP seating, depending on the price point of meal you want will depend on the price you pay.  during this show they tell the story of Christmas (religious) and there is 3 choir's that sing, on is of high schoolers, another is Disney Employees, and there is about 4-6 people that look like they came out of Charles Dickens... I think each country does their holiday decor and what not...

Animal Kingdom they have a parade, but I am not sure about anything else they do as I havnt been there at Christmas time

Hollywood Studios (MGM) they have the Osbourn Christmas Lights, its crazy how many decorations that family had and put up!  but Disney has them all now.. WOW

sandrasanders
by Member on Jan. 22, 2009 at 11:58 AM

Oh I didnt know the Parade was filmed ahead of time, now that you mention it while we where there early in DEC they where setting up something at the loop on main street,.... i always thought it was live!  DARN THAT DISNEY MAGIC!

Quoting chelle1141:

The parks may fill up, so plan to stay in one park on Christmas Day.  The parade is filmed in advance, usually the first weekend of December, so you won't have that going on.  But the parade from the Very Merry Christmas Party will be. 

At the moment, dining reservations can be made 90 days in advance, so you have lots of time to decide.  Feel free to email me with any questions, I'm happy to help!

typres052608
by Member on Jan. 22, 2009 at 12:01 PM

Candlelight processional is now a different celebrity every two nights here are the ones from 2008:

November 28-30 John O'Hurley
December 1-3 Neil Patrick Harris
December 4-6 Brian Stokes Mitchell
December 7-9 Virginia Madsen
December 10-12 Marlee Matlin
December 13-15 Monique Coleman
December 16-18 Chita Rivera
December 19-21 Abigail Breslin
December 22-24 Steven Curtis Chapman
December 25-27 Edward James Olmos
December 28-30 Angela Bassett and Courtney Vance

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)