Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Caribbean Beach Resort

Posted by on Jan. 21, 2009 at 3:19 PM
  • 2 Replies
  • 155 Total Views

We are going and the end of next month and we are staying at eh Carribean Beach Resort. I was wondering if any of you have ever stayed here. If so how was it? Just wondering Thanks

Tanisha

by on Jan. 21, 2009 at 3:19 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-2):
ladyofleisure
by New Member on Jan. 29, 2009 at 10:21 AM

We stayed at the Caribbean Beach Resort in June 2005 and loved it.  We always stayed at the All Star Resorts before so this was an upgrade for us.  The room were very nice.  I remember having a safe for our checkbooks, house keys, and any personal items we wanted to be locked up.  if you look on their page on Disney.com they list everything included in the room.  That year a refrigerator was included.  The pools and restaurant was also great.  They had a very nice gift shop in the main eating area.  It is a beautiful resort with lots of flowering trees and little bridges along the paths to the pool and eating area.  You will definitely enjoy your visit at this resort.  They have both non-smoking buildings and smoking buildings.  We made one of our rooms a smoking room not knowing this and they were put in a different building than the rest of us.  The kids enjoyed the many animals found in the room folded from bath towels and bath cloths.  We are going in August and are staying at the Port Orleans Riverside which is the same grade as the Caribbean Beach.  Have a great time!

Diane

JennyRR
by New Member on Feb. 2, 2009 at 4:14 PM

I'm very picky about hotels so I guess you could take everything I say with a grain of salt...

We stayed at the Caribbean in April '07.  I wasn't impressed and won't consider staying there again.  While the grounds are nice (nice plants, trees, flowers, etc.) the look of the buildings on the outside were alarming to me.  I felt like we were staying at a pink Red Roof Inn.  The inside of our room was more of the same.  We specifically requested a NON SMOKING room because we have asthma issues - our room smelled like a bar and the tub was NOT cleaned.  They moved us to another room.  At least this one didn't stink... but again, for me it seemed blah.  The housekeeper we had did a nice job cleaning our room each day.... but by night 4 our TV broke and the repair guys didn't come until after 9:30pm... after the kids were already sleeping.

After staying at the Caribbean I've decided that the "moderate" hotels aren't what I was looking for.  I'm going to do the Deluxe next time. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)