Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I need a GF pumpkin pie or stuffing recipe.

Posted by on Oct. 29, 2009 at 1:54 AM
  • 8 Replies
  • 369 Total Views

This will by my son's second Thanksgiving with Celiac. He loves pumpkin pie but unfortunately we didn't have one last year because he was just diagnosed and we were still learning the basics. So I'm ready to try making one this year. I was wondering if anyone had a good GF pumpkin pie recipe they would like to share :o) or stuffing.

by on Oct. 29, 2009 at 1:54 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-8):
by Member on Oct. 29, 2009 at 12:36 PM

Ok here's what Id id. now mind you..I am not a baker.

I used Kinnikinnick Graham Cracker crumbs (or you could do your own graham crackers and squish em.) and used THAT for the crust on the pumpkin pie. Or you could go to Whole Foods and buy one of their GF pie crusts. (Im a lazy baker told ya)

For stuffing I use Whole FOods GF Stuffing Cubes! DELISH! I have a SUPER easy recipe if you want, message me and I'll type it out, or just google "easy stuffing recipe". We like the cubed stuffed, and I dont stuff the bird with it, we make it in a side dish but uc an do it either way. My kids tear that stuff UP!

Oh and i also use Whole Foods turkey gravy in a jar (Im telling, Im NOT a from scratch kinda gal) :) LOL

by Member on Oct. 30, 2009 at 5:29 PM

Pumpkin pie itself is GF- thank goodness! it's the crust that typically has gluten in it. I use Bob's Red Mill Gluten Free baking mix and make my own crust out of that. Very easy and my son LOVES it. The directions are on the back of the package.

Stuffing- I just bake a loaf of GF bread- using a Bob's Red Mill mix usually- cube up the bread once it cools and stick it back in the oven to toast for awhile. Once it's dried I make stuffing like normal- chicken broth, celery, onion, sage, garlic, butter...very tasty.

Have a wonderful blessed thanksgiving!

by Member on Oct. 31, 2009 at 1:35 PM

There are a lot of gf pumpkin recipes on the web right now. You should check out the pumpkin pie recipe at The Gluten-Free Homemaker and the crustless pumpkin pie at Gluten Free Easily.

There are also some other recipes with pumpkin at The Whole Gang and Go Ahead Honey It's Gluten-Free.

--Heather @

by New Member on Nov. 2, 2009 at 8:10 AM

Pie Crust :

4 ounces of cream cheese

2 TBS of butter

2/3 cup potato starch (can use rice flour instead)

pinch of salt

1 teaspoon sugar

1/4 teaspoon xanthan gum

1/4 teaspoon baking soda

Preheat oven to 400

Combine all ingredients in a bowl.Keep mixing until it forms a ball. Place on wax paper and cover with another sheet of wax paper.Roll out until its about 12 inches, enough to cover pie plate with a little extra. Remove a sheet of wax paper, turn the dough into the pie plate, remove other wax paper, trim edges or pinch it back.Prick dough with fork to help with air bubbles. Bake for around 15 minutes.

Pie filling:

1 1/2 cups of milk

1 can of pumpkin, not pumpkin pie filling

3/4 cup sugar

1/4 teaspoon salt

1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon

1/4 teaspoon grated nutmeg

3 eggs

1 TBS cornstarch or potato starch

1 teaspoon vanilla

Place all ingredients in a large saucepan. Stir well. Cook, stirring often, over medium to low heat, until the mixture thickens and just begins to boil. Pour into the prebaked pie crust and chill well, overnight works best.

Serves 8 people

I will try and find my stuffing recipe.

jigsaw ribbon

by New Member on Nov. 2, 2009 at 8:16 AM

Question, do you have a store where you buy Gluten/Wheat free bread? I have a stuffing recipe that uses already made bread or if you need a recipe to make the bread I can also give you one of those recipes also, let me know and I will gladly post either or both of those for you.

jigsaw ribbonpuppy

by on Nov. 10, 2009 at 10:32 AM

I haven't tried to make a pie yet that is gluten free,but I have had good luck with the Bob's Red Mill baking mix as well. The chocolate cake recipe is very good.

Meg's Mom 19

by New Member on Nov. 23, 2009 at 2:48 AM

Thank you all for the wonderful recipes. Have a wonderful Thanksgiving :o)

by New Member on Nov. 23, 2009 at 2:06 PM

for my little brother DH and I used to make cornbread stuffing and regular stuffing for everyone else  but now we make just cornbread stuffing. I can't give exact measurement cuz it changes everytime we make it.

2lbs of homemade or gf cornbread  cubed

1 sm yellow onion chopped

1 - 1/2 cups chopped celery

1 16oz container of broth

salt, pepper, garlic, to taste

Sautee'  onions  put into bowl with bread  celery  and broth season to taste  put in large baking dish cover with foil bake 375  for  35min bump heat up to 450  and  bake fo another 10 min

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)