Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Bread machines

Posted by on Mar. 29, 2010 at 9:35 PM
  • 9 Replies
  • 487 Total Views

So - I'm finally ready to start making the bread myself cause all of the packaged ones are just too crumbly without being toasted........

just not sure what brand bread maker to get......

any suggestions?????

flirtylingerie_2039_1041798643.gif picture by taratalnenetz

by on Mar. 29, 2010 at 9:35 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-9):
karone04
by on Mar. 30, 2010 at 8:27 PM

http://www.zojirushi.com/ourproducts/breadmakers/bb_hac.html

That is my bread machine. I got it for my birthday a couple summers ago from my dad (asked for a bread machine). I love that it can make a small chocolate chip cake, jam, pizza dough or pasta dough. It makes a 1 pound loaf. They have 2 pound machines also. The only bad thing is I think Zojirushi machines are on the more expensive side. Not really for sure about that though.

JulieJacobKyle
by on Mar. 30, 2010 at 8:36 PM

I was really tempted to get a Zojirushi, but I ended up getting this Cuisinart.  So far I really like it!  I tried it with Pamela's Products bread.  http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B001C2KY7Y/ref=oss_product

SoccerMom1466
by New Member on Apr. 11, 2010 at 9:17 AM

I have an toastmaster breadmachine that I really llike.  Have had it for awhile.  I use Pamela mixes in the machine my son has loved everything so far.

CeliacFamily
by Member on Apr. 12, 2010 at 10:39 AM

I've been making bread in the oven for five years. Most of the time it works out just fine, but I have been wondering if I would get better results with a  breadmaker. In addition to the others listed above, I also found the Breadman. It has a gluten-free cycle setting that appealed to me. I'd love to hear what you decide to get, and how it works out for you.

--Heather @ http://celiacfamily.com

prissmom
by on Jul. 3, 2010 at 8:04 PM

I have  bread machine.  It comes out great, but after a couple of days the bread becomes crumbly no matter what recipe I use.  I have made several variations and have had the same results.  But I have come up with a great tasting bread.

If it was fresh every day no crumbles.

I use Gleuten free mama's flour mix.  I buy in bulk and its cheaper.

Lullababy
by New Member on Aug. 10, 2010 at 11:48 AM

I have a bread man and love it!

MyCrazyboyz175
by New Member on May. 29, 2011 at 12:32 PM

I was wondering... If a Bread Machine doesn't have a GF cycle can you still use it and how do you work with it? I don't want to have to buy another machine but it doesn't have a GF cycle.

mamabearnc
by Member on Jun. 12, 2011 at 1:06 PM

My Breadman Ultimate has personal settings that you can program yourself. With some trial and error my favorite personal setting is:

preheat 20 min

knead 1: 5 min

knead 2: 20 min

rise 1: 90 min

bake 40 min

HTH!

AngelRT
by on Nov. 15, 2011 at 8:17 PM
I have a breadman with a gf setting and love it.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN