I have a question i found a awsome recipe for chicken nuggets my little guy loves them but they call to be fried i have been doing it for a while now but i am not a huge fan on kids and fried food do u think i could bake them instead?
this is the recipe Gluten-free chicken nuggets are incredibly crispy thanks to gluten-free panko-style breading. These golden, crispy chicken nuggets are delicious dipped in sour cream horseradish sauce and kids love them!
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cook Time: 10 minutes
Total Time: 25 minutes
Yield: 6 servings
· 3 skinless, boneless chicken breasts
· 1/2 cup gluten-free all purpose flour mix (use your favorite mix)
· 1/2 teaspoon salt
· 1/8 teaspoon fresh ground pepper
· 1 teaspoon gluten-free Italian herb seasoning blend OR gluten-free garlic powder
· 1 large egg and 1 tablespoon olive oil, whisked together
· 1 cup crushed gluten-free rice chex cereal (see tips)
· 1/2 cup freshly grated Parmesan cheese
· 1/4 cup olive oil for pan-frying
· 1/4 cup canola oil for pan-frying
· Place chicken breast between 2 sheets of waxed paper and pound with a smooth meat mallet until about breasts are 1/4-inch thick. Repeat with each breast.
· Use a sharp knife to cut pounded breasts in 2-inch strips. Then cut each strip into 2x2-inch nuggets.
· Have ready 3 8-inch shallow baking dishes. In the first dish, combine gluten-free all purpose flour, salt, pepper and seasonings.
· In second dish, combine egg and olive oil. Whisk to thoroughly combine.
· In third dish, combine crushed gluten-free rice chex cereal and grated Parmesan cheese.
· Coat each chicken strip in flour mixture, then dip in egg olive oil mixture and last, evenly coat with rice chex crumb Parmesan cheese mixture.
· Place the nuggets on a large baking sheet lined with parchment paper.
· Refrigerate for about 30 minutes before frying.
· In a large heavy skillet, heat olive oil and canola oil mixture over medium high heat.
· Add coated chicken nuggets and cook until golden, about 4 minutes, then turn each piece and cook second side.
Yield- 4 to 6 servings