Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

gluten free chicken nuggets

Posted by on Sep. 15, 2012 at 9:53 PM
  • 3 Replies
  • 286 Total Views

I have a question i found a awsome recipe for chicken nuggets my little guy loves them but they call to be fried i have been doing it for a while now but i am not a huge fan on kids and fried food do u think i could bake them instead?

this is the recipe Gluten-free chicken nuggets are incredibly crispy thanks to gluten-free panko-style breading. These golden, crispy chicken nuggets are delicious dipped in sour cream horseradish sauce and kids love them!

Prep Time: 15 minutes

Cook Time: 10 minutes

Total Time: 25 minutes

Yield: 6 servings

Ingredients:

·         3 skinless, boneless chicken breasts

·         1/2 cup gluten-free all purpose flour mix (use your favorite mix)

·         1/2 teaspoon salt

·         1/8 teaspoon fresh ground pepper

·         1 teaspoon gluten-free Italian herb seasoning blend OR gluten-free garlic powder

·         1 large egg and 1 tablespoon olive oil, whisked together

·         1 cup crushed gluten-free rice chex cereal (see tips)

·         1/2 cup freshly grated Parmesan cheese

·         1/4 cup olive oil for pan-frying

·         1/4 cup canola oil for pan-frying

Preparation:

·         Place chicken breast between 2 sheets of waxed paper and pound with a smooth meat mallet until about breasts are 1/4-inch thick. Repeat with each breast.

·         Use a sharp knife to cut pounded breasts in 2-inch strips. Then cut each strip into 2x2-inch nuggets.

·         Have ready 3 8-inch shallow baking dishes. In the first dish, combine gluten-free all purpose flour, salt, pepper and seasonings.

·         In second dish, combine egg and olive oil. Whisk to thoroughly combine.

·         In third dish, combine crushed gluten-free rice chex cereal and grated Parmesan cheese.

·         Coat each chicken strip in flour mixture, then dip in egg olive oil mixture and last, evenly coat with rice chex crumb Parmesan cheese mixture.

·         Place the nuggets on a large baking sheet lined with parchment paper.

·         Refrigerate for about 30 minutes before frying.

·         In a large heavy skillet, heat olive oil and canola oil mixture over medium high heat.

·         Add coated chicken nuggets and cook until golden, about 4 minutes, then turn each piece and cook second side.

Yield- 4 to 6 servings

by on Sep. 15, 2012 at 9:53 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-3):
michiganmom116
by on Sep. 15, 2012 at 11:33 PM

You could try spraying or drizzling them with oil and baking them.  I coat mine with a mustard/mayonnaise sauce before rolling in sesame seeds, then bake them.  No extra oil needed.

CeliacFamily
by Member on Sep. 16, 2012 at 10:27 PM

We bake our chicken nuggets with great results! 350 degrees for 15-20 min. Here's the full recipe if you're intersted in comparing the two recipes: http://celiacfamily.com/parmesan-chicken-nuggets/

--Heather @ http://celiacfamily.com

boppysmom2007
by Member on Sep. 16, 2012 at 11:17 PM

thank u so much the recipes are really similar besides the oil part as soon as we need more im gonna try them thank u 

does anyone know how to make gluten free fish sticks???

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN