Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

A GOOD gluten free dressing recipe?

Posted by on Nov. 20, 2012 at 8:52 PM
  • 1 Replies
  • 182 Total Views
Does anyone have any dressing/stuffing recipes that are actually good? I'm the dressing-maker in our family and have tried various gluten free recipes in the past 3 years since my nephew was diagnosed with celiac disease. All were supposed to be delicious, but for the rest of us they were almost non-edible. Help!
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Nov. 20, 2012 at 8:52 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-1):
SpiritWish
by New Member on Nov. 21, 2012 at 3:26 PM

Hi!

I'm in the same boat you are. Here's what I found on the Celiac website: http://www.celiac.com/articles/21941/1/Celiaccoms-Best-Ever-Gluten-free-Thanksgiving-Guide/Page1.html. Also, I went over to Vitamin Cottage last night and picked up the last box of Deby's Gluten Free Stuffing Mix. Another option is that you can use your usual home made stuffing recipe and replace the bread cubes (like the Mrs. Cubison's brand) with gluten free bread that you lightly toast in the oven that you've cubed. My younger sister has celiac's and I was recently diagnosed with a gluten intolerance so I have been getting very creative. I am hoping to try out some shortbread cookies that I usually make every year around this time only substituting the gluten free flour for the regular flour. Good luck! I'm certainly curious as to how your stuffing turns out this year! Since this is my first year dealing with dietary restrictions, I know I have to be extremely careful with how I make my meals now not to mention creative.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)