Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Please help

Posted by on Mar. 8, 2009 at 2:00 PM
  • 5 Replies
  • 244 Total Views

Hi.  My three year old daughter was recently diagnosed with severe celiac's.  She also refuses to eat meat of any kind.  I am at a loss as to what to feed her that wont make her sick.  Also the grocery stores in my town do not carry gluten free products.  Can anyone out there give me some advice please?  Thank you.

by on Mar. 8, 2009 at 2:00 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
SarahK2007
by on Mar. 8, 2009 at 4:34 PM

Remember almost every thing made from scratch can be gluten free.  All fruits and veggies, most cheeses, fruitty pebbles and cocoa pebbles are gluten free as is Rice Chex.  Yoplait yogurt is gluten free too! 

mamasbaby837
by on Mar. 8, 2009 at 6:38 PM

Thank u ladies for ur responses.  I will check out those websites as soon as I can.  Thanks again!

momofkotaNtona
by New Member on Mar. 26, 2009 at 11:55 AM

jigsaw ribbontry your local health food stores, most of them have a wheat free/ gluten free area. also the web is a good place to start, google is my favorite search engine.i got a bread machine on ebay that has a gluten free setting really cheap to make homemade wheat free breads because if you by it in the store it is expensive. i also got a electric pasta machine really cheap on ebay to make and freeze pastas so i just have to pop them in boiling water for fresh pasta. most wheat free food has to be stored in the freezer and it is easier just to make alot at once and store it that way you don't have to spend every day making foods from scratch.i know bob's red mill's website carries alot of bread mixes that you can use in the bread machine if you don't like making it from scratch plus they also carry chocolate chip cookie mixes etc.... best of luck, it is kinda of frustrating at first when you don't really get any information and you have no clue where to find the proper foods.

Spring4398
by Member on Mar. 26, 2009 at 9:50 PM

Little children often like hummus and corn chips.  The hummus is a good protein.  Plus like the other poster said, lots of fruits and veggie's.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)