Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Hello

Posted by on Mar. 23, 2007 at 3:41 PM
  • 2 Replies
  • 360 Total Views
Hi my name is Trisha and my son Brett who will be 3 in july was just diagnosed with kp, he has it all over his arms, legs and even on his face. We had gone to numerous dermatologists before we were told what it was, I wouldn't of cared so much about his arms or legs but he has it really bad on the left side of his face and I want him to start preschool and I know how cruel kids can be (not saying preschoolers would make fun) but I wanted it taken care of and now that we know what it is I felt horrible when the doctor told me this is something that he would have to deal with for the rest of his life, and that my husband or I gave it to him, when you have your baby they are supposed to be perfect and when you find out that you gave him something that he will have to deal with for the rest of his life, the good news that the doctor gave us is that he probably won't have acne because he's not producing oil. Well thank you for listening this is a tough thing for me but I know that we will get through it
by on Mar. 23, 2007 at 3:41 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-2):
mellie_mom
by Group Owner on Mar. 23, 2007 at 5:54 PM
WOW..I'm sry to hear that.....is KP anther word for eczama?.....Well my lil boy had it pretty bad on his face to when he was just 3 months and it lasted until he was 1....Some doctors say... that some kids will grow out of it and some will probably have it for the rest of their lifes...my lil boy is 3 1/2 now and still has it on his legs and arms and stumoch...right now it's mostly scaring and discoloration on the skin...but when he get a brake out...it can get pretty bad....he doesn't get like that very often though...I don't know of that meand he's growning out of it or what....When did your son start getting this....you still have hope that he can grow out of it i think right?.....My doc says they can have it till the age of 9...and still be able to grow out of it......Hopefully that can happen for you....I can also understand the worries of him starting school...my lil boy starts school too this coming school yr.....So did your doctor give you anything for it?.......
mooreboys
by on Mar. 23, 2007 at 6:13 PM
kp is a type of eczema its when the dead skin gets stuck in the hair follicales on his arms and legs he just has little red bumps but on his face its very red and irritated, he will have this the rest of his life there is no cure for keretosis peralis also known as "kp" my doc gave me a 1/2 percent cortizone cream and I also have to use a cream called lacticare lotion he will have to do this for the rest of his life, all I want is the redness on his face to go away so he can look like a normal little boy.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)