Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Hi! I am new to the group.

Posted by on Feb. 20, 2010 at 2:47 PM
  • 9 Replies
  • 257 Total Views

Hi! My name is Desiree. My fiances name is Billy. We are getting married October 2, 2010. I'm so excited, we have been together going on 5 years this May. Wow, that's hardn to believe it has been that long. We decided in December that we would go a head and start planning our wedding. Really he told me I can plan it all and he will back me up. But I am here to give some ideas and get some ideas and talk to some of you ladies.

by on Feb. 20, 2010 at 2:47 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-9):
Shylie
by on Feb. 23, 2010 at 6:00 PM

Hi! I'm Shannon, I married my Billy almost 3 years ago now, two girls. So congrats!! What kind of wedding are you planning?

deswright4984
by on Feb. 25, 2010 at 8:24 PM

Were planning on having a decent wedding. Our colors are red, black and white, I just think that they go together very well. We don't have a theme, I know some people go for one. I'm do a few do it yourself kinds of stuff. Save Save Save that's what I'm trying to do, but still look very nice. 

Shylie
by on Feb. 26, 2010 at 1:12 PM

Gorgeous colors :) Nice to have you here. Red roses as the flowers?

deswright4984
by on Feb. 27, 2010 at 2:40 PM

I think I am going to use red and white for my flowers.

kammysmom
by New Member on Mar. 3, 2010 at 2:32 PM

HI!! We got married October 3, 2009. so almost a year apart! great time to get married not to hot and not to cold! we had the same colors.

the girls wore red dresses, black shoes and had white flowers. the guys wore all black (shirt, tux, red vest etc) with black sandels and the best men wore red ties the other guys wore black. thats how we distinguished them. and my hubby wore white vest and white ties. the dads wore white shirts with black vest and black ties. my dd was our flower girl and she wore a red dress with a black bow and black shoes.

my flowers were red roses with diamond inserts in the middle.

there is so much that you can do with red black and white!!!

deswright4984
by on Mar. 3, 2010 at 4:59 PM

From what I can see your wedding looked beautiful. Do you have any tips to give me or ideas on that color of a wedding? Please let me know. I would love any ideas.

Quoting kammysmom:

HI!! We got married October 3, 2009. so almost a year apart! great time to get married not to hot and not to cold! we had the same colors.

the girls wore red dresses, black shoes and had white flowers. the guys wore all black (shirt, tux, red vest etc) with black sandels and the best men wore red ties the other guys wore black. thats how we distinguished them. and my hubby wore white vest and white ties. the dads wore white shirts with black vest and black ties. my dd was our flower girl and she wore a red dress with a black bow and black shoes.

my flowers were red roses with diamond inserts in the middle.

there is so much that you can do with red black and white!!!

kammysmom
by New Member on Mar. 4, 2010 at 12:33 PM

CENTERPIECES- BOTH LOCATIONS WERE OUTSIDE(BOTH AT FRIENDS HOUSES) I WANTED A REALLY ROMANTIC FEEL SO I TOOK TALL GLASSES (CYLINDERS) FROM THE DOLLAR TREE AND TOOK RED & BLACK SHEER RIBBON WITH WIRE EDGE AND FLOATED IN  WATER. PUT A FLOATING CANDLE ON TOP. THE RIBBON GLOWS BC OF THE CANDLE. AND THEN I PUT TEA LIGHTS ALL AROUND.

THE GIFT WAS MATCHBOOKS THAT WERE BLACK WITH RED FOIL (ALSO TO LIGHT THE CANDLES ON THE TABLE)

RED TABLE CLOTHS FOR THE SITTING TABLES- WHITE FOR THE FOOD AND I DID BLACK FOR THE CAKE TABLE.

WE HAD AN OPEN BAR BC WE BOUGHT EVERYTHING OUR SELF FROM COSTCO AND HAD A FRIEND WHO IS A BARTENDER MIX DRINKS. WE PAID HIM $100 AND THEN PEOPLE TIPPED HIM. HE MADE MORE THAT NIGHT THEN HE WOULD HAVE ACTUALLY WORKING AT HIS JOB!

OUR CAKE WAS WHITE W/ RED AND BLACK DESIGN.

THE BRIDESMAIDS YOU CAN HAVE THEM WEAR RED OR BLACK DRESSES. SAME WITH THE TUXES YOU AN MIX AND MATCH THEM.

MY FRIEND DID OUR FLOWERS AND I WAS SOOO HAPPY WITH THEM!! MY BOUQUET WAS BEAUTIFUL!! ALL RED ROSES WITH THE BANANA LEAVES AROUND IT AND BLACK AND RED RIBBON TIED UP LIKE A CORSET AROUND THE STEMS. I WILL HAVE TO FIND A PHOTO OF THE BOUQUETS THAT WE TOOK TOGETHER. MY SIS WAS MY MOH AND SHE HAD RED ROSES WITH WHITE CARNATIONS. MY BM'S HAD WHITE CARNATIONS WITH TEH SAME RIBBON CORSET LOOK.

HOPE THIS HELPS!!!

deswright4984
by on Mar. 4, 2010 at 5:12 PM

Thanks so much for the ideas. I loved the picture that I saw of your flowers. My dad's friends said she would do them for me and I said something to her there a a couple weeks ago and she acted like she didn't know what I was talking about. So I guess I'm gonna try and make my own. Good luck to me. I'm planning on using fake one's because real one's are a little pricey and were on a budget so.

Quoting kammysmom:

CENTERPIECES- BOTH LOCATIONS WERE OUTSIDE(BOTH AT FRIENDS HOUSES) I WANTED A REALLY ROMANTIC FEEL SO I TOOK TALL GLASSES (CYLINDERS) FROM THE DOLLAR TREE AND TOOK RED & BLACK SHEER RIBBON WITH WIRE EDGE AND FLOATED IN  WATER. PUT A FLOATING CANDLE ON TOP. THE RIBBON GLOWS BC OF THE CANDLE. AND THEN I PUT TEA LIGHTS ALL AROUND.

THE GIFT WAS MATCHBOOKS THAT WERE BLACK WITH RED FOIL (ALSO TO LIGHT THE CANDLES ON THE TABLE)

RED TABLE CLOTHS FOR THE SITTING TABLES- WHITE FOR THE FOOD AND I DID BLACK FOR THE CAKE TABLE.

WE HAD AN OPEN BAR BC WE BOUGHT EVERYTHING OUR SELF FROM COSTCO AND HAD A FRIEND WHO IS A BARTENDER MIX DRINKS. WE PAID HIM $100 AND THEN PEOPLE TIPPED HIM. HE MADE MORE THAT NIGHT THEN HE WOULD HAVE ACTUALLY WORKING AT HIS JOB!

OUR CAKE WAS WHITE W/ RED AND BLACK DESIGN.

THE BRIDESMAIDS YOU CAN HAVE THEM WEAR RED OR BLACK DRESSES. SAME WITH THE TUXES YOU AN MIX AND MATCH THEM.

MY FRIEND DID OUR FLOWERS AND I WAS SOOO HAPPY WITH THEM!! MY BOUQUET WAS BEAUTIFUL!! ALL RED ROSES WITH THE BANANA LEAVES AROUND IT AND BLACK AND RED RIBBON TIED UP LIKE A CORSET AROUND THE STEMS. I WILL HAVE TO FIND A PHOTO OF THE BOUQUETS THAT WE TOOK TOGETHER. MY SIS WAS MY MOH AND SHE HAD RED ROSES WITH WHITE CARNATIONS. MY BM'S HAD WHITE CARNATIONS WITH TEH SAME RIBBON CORSET LOOK.

HOPE THIS HELPS!!!

kammysmom
by New Member on Mar. 5, 2010 at 3:13 PM

idk if you have a fashion district where you are...im in so cal so we have LA and they have a flower district where the shops go and buy everything early in the morning. they have flowers for really cheap. or if you have a local florist ask them where they buy their flowers.

we used as many people as we could to save money- the dj was  friend of  a friend, the bartender was a friend, i knew the person that made our cake, the flowers were done as a present, both locations were at friends houses.

the only thing we really paid full price for was the food (macaroni grille) and the drinks.

try and find as many people to resource to save money. and look for sales for dresses and what not.

the girls used whatever shoes they had or if they wanted to buy shoes they could. it didnt matter to me.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)