Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Different Idea

Posted by on Apr. 14, 2007 at 6:44 PM
  • 3 Replies
  • 186 Total Views
I've been thinking (uh-oh) and I think I want to get married in a lavender dress, my groom in a white tux with lavender tie/vest/cumberbun, have my bridesmaids wear white dresses with lavender sashes and the groomsmen in lavender suites with white tie/vest/cumberbun.  What do you think? My colors are going to be white and either lavender, lilac or wild orchid.
by on Apr. 14, 2007 at 6:44 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-3):
mommymonkey
by on Apr. 14, 2007 at 6:59 PM
There is no law that says you have to wear white, and no law stating that others in the wedding party can't.
Traditionally, white is only worn by the males for a formal evening event, so be aware that you may have some dificulty getting him to agree, if this is not the route he's expecting.
Depending on the shade, any one of the purple colors you're considering would be lovely, but I urge you to choose something that will compliment your flowers, not match exactly. (Can be overwhelming to have too much similarity in color.)
The groomsmen must be Very good friends to wear lavendar tuxes....
Let us know what you decide to do.
dragon_d
by on Apr. 14, 2007 at 7:37 PM
I think it sounds pretty.
RevTami
by on Apr. 16, 2007 at 8:05 AM
The nice things about weddings today is they are all different.  That's what sets yours from someone else's.  You can do it how ever you want because it is your wedding!  Go with what's in your heart and it will be beautiful!  Blessings  Tami
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)