Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Help!!!! and a place to vent.

Posted by on Apr. 14, 2007 at 7:58 PM
  • 2 Replies
  • 189 Total Views
ok, I am getting married in November of this year. My future husband James just moved out her from California (where I am orriganlly from). He has always been close to his mom (distance is the close I am reffering to although the other I belive is true also). Anyways we have had are date picked out since October of last year when we go ingaged and the date has only moved a weekend earlier. Anyways My fiance works at WM (yea) and he has already gotten some time off for his cousins wedding in cali. Now he has asked for time off for both his moms wedding and ours. The thing is that his mom is throwing a fit because I wont make his plain reservations until we know for sure he has the thursday befor his moms wedding off. She decided to throw a fit and say aomething like "fine I will just make the reservations". In doing this we dont know if he will be able to get to the airport be picked up or go. He has not even been at this job for a year yet. Not only do I feel like she is jeprodizing his job but I am begining to feel like she doesn't care about our wedding. She wasnt actually engaged til after christmas and didnt even have a date picked out until after febuary 14. She is really hurting my feelings, I feel like she doesn't care about how I feel or respect the way me or my family are.  Is it wrong for me to be getting mad. I did stick up for her not to long ago when James said that it wasn't fair for her to pick a date so close to oour date. I figured she just wanted to be married befor her only kid. But now I am doubting that and begining to feel like she just wanted to hurt our wedding. GGGRRRRR. Are my feelings wrong? Am I just over thinking this? Please help me know if I am out of line.
by on Apr. 14, 2007 at 7:58 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-2):
mommymonkey
by on Apr. 14, 2007 at 8:30 PM
It can be very hard to have a "special event"  around the same time anyone else is planning something. While it is possible that she only wants to be married before her son is, it sounds to me like she is asking that more attention be paid to her needs than those of her son.
I would have a talk with your fiance about it, and explain how you feel, and what you would like to see happen. Perhaps he is unaware of how difficult this is on you, and he may be able to help his mother understand.
Of course, she may simply be a selfish woman, in which case, I reccommend standing up for your family, and telling her in no uncertain terms that she is making things difficult on you and your fiance.
dragon_d
by on Apr. 15, 2007 at 7:03 PM

Quoting mommymonkey:

I would have a talk with your fiance about it, and explain how you feel, and what you would like to see happen. Perhaps he is unaware of how difficult this is on you, and he may be able to help his mother understand.
Of course, she may simply be a selfish woman, in which case, I reccommend standing up for your family, and telling her in no uncertain terms that she is making things difficult on you and your fiance.
I have talked to my fiance about it and he is feeling the same way. His feelings actually started befor mine.
Thanks for the advise for standing up for my family. I plan on doing it if she really starts jeprodizing our wedding. My concern is that she will get so mad at me that she wont come to the wedding which would just upset both my fiance and I since we are big on family. Thank you for the advice!
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)