Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Afforable weddings on a tight budget

Posted by on May. 7, 2007 at 7:46 PM
  • 0 Replies
  • 184 Total Views

An easy way to have an afforable wedding is to obviously set a budget for everything you need. Flowers, go to the craft stores and make your own or find a good florists who can do it affordably but good. Make sure its what YOU want and not just what you can afford. Veil, I got mine at Michaels for $5 dollars. Yeah you heard me right. I went to a bridal shop to get one and they were $149. I decided I needed to get one less expensive. So I shopped around at different stores and found the same exact one but without the rinestones for $15 dollars then found the one I got somewhere else for $5. Just shop around and see what you can find. Guest book, instead of buying one, I bought a thick posterboard and a few other items to decorate it with and we're going to put a picture of the two of us in the middle. You can put it on the wall or on a table and have the guests sign it. Then after the wedding, you can frame it and hang it on your wall. Seating for ceremony, for a western wedding or even country, instead of using chairs for the ceremony, use hay bales. That is of course if you have your wedding in the country or on a farm. We are borrowing hay bales from either a friend of ours or our ministers friends. Backdrop, also for a country western wedding, instead of an arch or a gazebo, use something more antique for a backdrop. We are using our tractor from the 40's that used to be my finaces grandfathers. I hope these ideas or suggestions help for cheap weddings. Hopefully we can do ours under 3 grand.

by on May. 7, 2007 at 7:46 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies:
There are no replies to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)