Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

setting the dates!

Posted by on Jul. 25, 2014 at 8:30 PM
  • 3 Replies
  • 370 Total Views
was thinking of a 2016 wedding in oct but it seams so far away.it will only be a small wedding so would oct next year be to soon?also what did you start planning first.any tips would be great :)
by on Jul. 25, 2014 at 8:30 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-3):
2-point-doe
by on Jul. 29, 2014 at 12:18 PM

We gave ourselves 6 months for a smallish wedding (70 guests). It is next month and everything has gone smoothly so far.

us.mex.fam.of4
by Member on Jul. 30, 2014 at 11:06 AM
I started planning 2.5 months ahead for a 80 guest wedding. We're getting married sept 6 2014. I have the place, the preacher, decorations and flowers almost finished, my dress will be here in a few days, food planned, plates utensils, cups napkins, now just have to figure my hair and little odds and ends. Just start with the most important things that you have to have to get married, then go on from there with details.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
decor42
by Member on Jul. 30, 2014 at 3:11 PM

We were engaged for a week when we set the date and began preparing.  We were married about six months after the engagement. A small catered wedding of about 80 people.  Most of the arrangements, menu, music, drinks, ordering of dresses and decor were done about 3 months prior to the wedding. Fall decor is available in the stores now.  Your marriage affidavit is only good for 2 months, so you want to obtain that to coordinate within your actual wedding date. As a Town Clerk I suggest about a month or 3 weeks before the wedding.  That will give you sufficient time to provide the required documentation.  Also, there is a 24 hour waiting period from the time you apply before you can get married.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)