Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Please introduce yourself and tell us a little about why...

Posted by   + Show Post
Please introduce yourself and tell us a little about why you joined the group.

You can include a wedding date, what type of wedding you like to have and maybe how many guess ect.  

by on Mar. 26, 2007 at 5:49 PM
Replies (31-40):
dragon_d
by on Apr. 5, 2007 at 7:10 PM
Hi I am Danielle. I live in oklahoma. I am 24 and so is James. We are getting married on November 10, 2007. I joined this group so I can get some Ideas and maybe even be able to pass on some. My 4 year old daughter is our flower girl and the only part of the wedding party that lives in this state. Every one else lives in or around California. We are also trying not to spend much money. My parents are doing the traditional thing of paying and they are very generous to me and I don't want to spen all thier money, so any good low cost ideas for a fall themed wedding would be great. Our colors are Apple red and sage or mint green. Laughing
mommymonkey
by on Apr. 5, 2007 at 7:49 PM

Quoting brandonsangel05:

hi....my name is allie, and my boyfriend and i are working on planning our wedding, and we really don't have many ideas about what to do. we know that our colors are going to be blue and white...but that is about it. we don't have a date set, but because of money being tight right now, we are going to do a little at a time to get prepared for the wedding, no matter how long it takes to get everything lined up.

i am open to any and all ideas and advice that anyone has for me.

thanks
Hi Allie.
Blue and white is actually an elegant choice of colors, and gives a lot of options for decorations, theming and style.
Depending on the time of year you want, and the location you pick, I have a booklet that gives a lot of event ideas in this colorscheme. Hit me up if you want more info.
Mimiis2cute4u
by New Member on Apr. 6, 2007 at 12:40 PM
My name is shalia davis. i have 1 child. I plan on getting married may 12 2009. i want a semi small wedding about 50 people around sunset and maybe at a lake. If i dont get the dream of having it at HERSHEY PARK. I really want the Cinderella wedding. but palnning is hard with a 7 month old. I want it to be so close to perfecty thats why im planning so early. Not to mention the waiting list!!!!
weaver07
by New Member on Apr. 6, 2007 at 7:37 PM
We probably are getting married June 30.  It will be a western wedding. If we do.
doodlebugcarol
by New Member on Apr. 9, 2007 at 12:19 PM
I recently got engaged but haven't set a date yet... To all of your readers , please be sure to check out the post i replied to about Gorhams' Bluuff!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Thank you for allowing me to join your group!!!! It is very nice to meet you. I hope all of you & yours had a Great Easter!!! Have A Great Day!!!
ILoveMyMoose
by on Apr. 11, 2007 at 1:43 PM
My name is CAitlin and I am just about 20 years old and my fiance William is 22. Our date is Friday, September 21st, 2007. We picked that date #1 because of the hall we <b>thought</b> we wanted, and #2, because it is my mom's parents 50th anniversary, and it just seems like a good luck kinda day. We are having a church wedding and we're not going to decorate it because it is already a gorgeous church. Our hall is only a minute and 20 second drive away from the church. We're having a fall wedding so we decided on Cranberry for our color and most of the things in the hall aren't far off from that color so were just doing center pieces and other then that no real decoration there. Once again, it's gorgeous as is. He has a huge family, so we are having about 80 guests. Our budget is $5,000 (wedding dress and all) We are having a buffet style wedding w/2 cold salads- tossed salad and pasta salad,2 hot veggies- red roasted potatoes and mixed veggies, 3 entrees are Roast Beef, Oven Roasted Turkey (served with special gravey, stuffing and cranberry sause) and Shrimp w/ Fettuccini Alfredo. We are making the wedding cake ourselves (which I won a contest for in my Culenary class my Junior hear of Highschool). it's going to be an Irish wedding cake and I'm in the middle of making my own invitations. Our son will be 20months by that point so he'll be our ring boy and my mom is walking up with him.So we already have our church, reception hall, dj and my dress booked and paid for. I have all the materials for our invotations and cake.... so we are getting there slowly.I am making little wells for our favors tieing them with cranberry ribbon and putting candy in them and they will be the centerpeices and at the bridal party table we are having 2 rather wide (but not to tall) glass bowl type thing and im putting about 3 centimeters of water in there and granberrys to float on top of that with a white floating candle in the center surrounded with rose petals. I dot really want to have flowers in my wedding but dont know what else to do it is place. I guessed i joined this groupo to get ideas and feedback from and see just want i'm missing-lol.
dakotasmama
by New Member on Apr. 11, 2007 at 1:49 PM

Hi my name is Nikki and I am 22 years old.. I have been with my finacee for 7 years and we have a wonderful son together named Dakota who will be 2 this July.. My wedding date is set for August 11 of this year.. My colors are going to be balck and moroon.. Just hoping to get some good advice and some awesome tips to make my specail dat perfect..

MsRachelDances
by on Apr. 11, 2007 at 7:44 PM
Hello everyone! My name is Rachel and I am 22 years old. I have been with my fiance Ajay for 5 1/2 years, though he proposed to me last August. We have three year old twin daughters and are expecting a third one. We were planning on getting married in 2008, but that changed when we found out that the baby is due in June of this year. Our new wedding date is set for June 29, 2009. I will start planning the wedding June 2008 because I want a full year to plan. I want to enjoy the planning process as much, instead of being a stressed out bridezilla. We will be hiring a wedding planner, because our wedding will have approximately between 300-350 guests. And Father of the Bride is mine and my mom's favorite movie, so we've both always wanted a planner for my wedding. Our colors are white, black, and hot pink. Our theme will have something to do with rhinestones, because there is going to be rhinestones everywhere! I can't wait to hear about other people's plans for their weddings and get some ideas myself!
babygurlz9899
by New Member on Apr. 13, 2007 at 3:42 PM

JASON AND I HAVE BEEN TOGETHER FOR 2 YRS... AND JUST GOT ENGAGED LAST FRIDAY.. WE HAVENT SET A DATE YET.. I KNOW THAT I WANT A SPRING WEDDING AND WANT IT TO BE OUTSIDE... NOT SURE HOW MANY GUESTS YET.. OR HOW MANY IN THE WEDDING PARTY.. ANYONE GOT ANY GOOD IDEAS?

mommymonkey
by on Apr. 13, 2007 at 4:06 PM

Quoting babygurlz9899:

JASON AND I HAVE BEEN TOGETHER FOR 2 YRS... AND JUST GOT ENGAGED LAST FRIDAY.. WE HAVENT SET A DATE YET.. I KNOW THAT I WANT A SPRING WEDDING AND WANT IT TO BE OUTSIDE... NOT SURE HOW MANY GUESTS YET.. OR HOW MANY IN THE WEDDING PARTY.. ANYONE GOT ANY GOOD IDEAS?

Congradulations on your engagement. I'm sure a lot of us have ideas, but it really is up to you two to decide how big of an event you want.
My suggestion is to figure a budget before going too elaborate, you can always add more, but it's hard to take away.
As far as your wedding party, the best bet is usually to go with a couple of people you're closest to. (i.e. i am having my sister, my best friend, and my sister's best friend who is like a sister to me as well.)
Spring, and outdoors, well, that leaves you with SO many options. We're all here to help with ideas, give feedback, and just be there for you in general.

To the other ladies that have posted recently, I hear a lot of good ideas, and get the feeling that there will be some beautiful weddings coming up.
Don't forget to post pictures!!!!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)