• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Rough Draft...What Do You Think??? (PIOG)

Posted by on Jun. 9, 2009 at 9:38 PM
  • 1 Replies
  • 200 Total Views

So DF and I are FINALLY getting married next month, after 7 years!  We agreed to write our own vows - and I just wanted your opinions on mine.  What do you think?

I have never been happier than I am at this moment.  We’ve taken every smile and every tear, a few differences of opinions, some major triumphs, and several minor miracles and turned them into something beautiful.   All I want is to love you for the rest of my life…to wake up every morning with you by my side, knowing that no matter what happens, I’ll be able to come home to you loving arms.  All I want is to give you my love…as a place you can always come to for acceptance or the simple comfort that silence brings.  But more than anything else, I want to make you happier than you’ve ever been before and give you all the things you truly deserve.  Today I give myself to you in marriage.  With kindness, unselfishness, and trust, I will work by your side to create a wonderful life together.  I promise to be honest, caring, and faithful…to love you as you are and not as I want you to be, and to grow old by your side as your love and best friend.  I will love you in good times and bad, when life seems easy and when it seems hard.  I give you my hand and my heart, a commitment made in love, kept in faith, and eternally made new, today and every day for the rest of our lives.

Daisypath Wedding PicDaisypath Wedding Ticker
by on Jun. 9, 2009 at 9:38 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-1):
mommymonkey
by on Jun. 10, 2009 at 9:44 AM

That is a beautiful promise. I hope that your wedding, and your marriage, is as wonderful as you want it to be.

I claim to be honest, and I am. I never said you'd like me for my opinions...

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)