Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

EBF can your period stop once it starts?

Posted by on Dec. 16, 2009 at 6:37 AM
  • 2 Replies
  • 1245 Total Views

Anyone EBF and get their period initially and then stop getting it?  I got an IUD the copper one with no hormone.  My babies appetite has picked up recently, he is 3 months old.  I've had 2 periods so far and now I am four days late.  I hesitate to get a pregnancy test.  I would be beside myself if I found out I was pregnant.  Besides I don't have any symptoms of being pregnant.  I will get a test in the next day or two if I don't get my period.  But, I just wondered if it was possible to stop getting your period when you are breastfeeding after getting it.  With my first child I did not get a period for 6 months.

by on Dec. 16, 2009 at 6:37 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-2):
bambola
by Member on May. 31, 2010 at 11:57 AM

i'm surprised that you were exclusively breastfeeding and your period came back right away.

i don't have first hand experience with your situation or with iud's (with my second baby, my period returned after 10 months pp)

I would pose the question to your gyno/midwife and/or la leche league.

la leche league has a group on cafemom 'la leche league cafemom'

all the best and keep us posted. 

Chillisarah
by New Member on Mar. 5, 2011 at 12:12 PM

I EBF my 6 mth old son and got my first period PP at 4 mths.  I got two periods so far and now I didnt get one for Feb. weird. hoping im not pregnant again but if I am thats ok too. Im not on birth control. DH and I use condoms.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)