I got this from a mama on CM just wanted to share the benefits of breastfeeding!! Its wonderful & I luvv how I can bond with my daughter by doing this...
All mothers who havent given it up.. Kudos to you!! Yayy!!
Breast milk has no cost! Free is the best!
- I don't have to worry about finding bugs or any other weird stuff in my milk and then having my milk recalled
- It's always warm and ready
- No washing bottles! One less chore makes me a happy mommy!
- All the goodies that are in breast milk. I want my baby to have all the best stuff I can provide!
- Feeding hungry baby is as easy as waking up and popping a boob in their mouth. Convenience is great!
- I don't have to worry about running out of milk and going to the store to get more.
- The risks of breast cancer decrease for me. That's a major plus!
- I don't have to worry about adding to my carbon footprint by throwing out bottles, bottle liners, empty formula cans and measuring spoons.
- Breastmilk has a sweet flavor and smells good. I can't say I feel the same way about formula (yes I have a formula fed baby so I know all about it!)
- Breastfed baby poo doesn't have a very strong unpleasant odor.
- I don't have to worry about accidentally feeding baby old milk (yes, I've done this).
- Less problems with constipation in a breast fed baby.
- One less thing I have to pack (or forget) in the diaper bag.
- Breastfeeding burns calories. Enough said =)
- Breast Milk changes to meet the needs of growing baby.
- It may help reduce the risk of SIDS (that's a chance I'll take even though it 'may')
- Reduces the chance of PPD. That's something I don't want to go through