Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I'm no longer BFing and I feel so sad...

Posted by on Mar. 12, 2012 at 2:03 PM
  • 1 Replies
  • 692 Total Views

It's been a week since I last breastfeed.  I was already having issues weeks ago about DS showing a lack of interest in breastfeeding. Now there's nothing and i got tired of making him breastfeed.  I didn't think it'll be this easy getting him off the boob and i kinda wanted him to struggle...does that make sense? Am i wrong for feeling like this?  DH keeps saying if he's done breast feeding don't push him to continue.  Well, it's done don't think I can come back now or If I even want to.  He'll be 10 months on the 20th of this month. I think i did good for the time being and looking to BF any other kids I plan on having but I do feel sad and sometimes I still want that connection both him and I shared. It was for us no one else could give him what I had.  I supplement with formula now because he still needs those nutrients. How many people know of babies weening themselves off the boob at this young age?

by on Mar. 12, 2012 at 2:03 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-1):
Tashia07
by Member on Jun. 24, 2012 at 9:26 PM

My son nursed until he was nearly 2... I wished he had stopped nursing sooner.  My niece weened herself at 6 months... She preferred solid food.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN