Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Update on my weaning

Posted by on Jul. 5, 2009 at 6:53 PM
  • 1 Replies
  • 738 Total Views

Hello All,

I just wanted to give an update on my weaning process. I started the weaning process on last Wed. It was really hard on me. Tuesday I gave in. On Wed I promise myself I had to stick to my guns.

On Wed night I gave her the breast so she would fall asleep. She woke up around 1 am, I gave her the sippy cup she pushed it away and threw it. I gave it to her a second time the exact same thing with crying. (My mom said to only offer to her twice) (All the time I am patting her) She finally went to sleep after twenty minutes of  crying off and on. Then at 4 am she woke up again. This time I offer her the cup again. With a little crying and pushing the cup away she went to sleep within 5 minutes. She did not wake back up until 7 am.

Thursday I did not give her the breast at all. Strickly the sippy, food and snacks. Thursday night she cried about 5 minutes when it was time to go to sleep. She woke up at 1 I gave her the cup she pushed it away and was back to sleep. No crying. She sleep through the night until 8 am.

Friday was the same repeat as Thursday. No she just goes to sleep when I pat her. She is sleeping through the night. (Wow) is all I can say.

I just want to thank everyone for their support. I still have milk that I have pumped. So I guess I will just mixed it with the cereal she likes so much. She loves the toasted grahams.

by on Jul. 5, 2009 at 6:53 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-1):
Keisha0806
by Member on Sep. 4, 2009 at 1:19 PM

Glad things are going well, how old is your lo?

CafeMom Tickers
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN