Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Remember when we were younger

Posted by on Jul. 31, 2007 at 11:45 PM
  • 2 Replies
  • 209 Total Views

I was reading our group name YOUNG 45.  And I remember when I was in my 20's I thought 40 was old.  Now Iam 46 and I think well this is'nt to bad.  But I always said I did'nt mind getting old but I did'nt want to look old.  But I guess we all feel that way.   But you know looks aren't  everything but it's hard to give up the soft skin and hard bodies.  But I guess we have to.   So ladies lets keep on going strong and be happy and enjoy life.  So we can enjoy our kids and grandkids. 

by on Jul. 31, 2007 at 11:45 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-2):
GrammyTammyK
by Member on Aug. 1, 2007 at 10:07 AM
I have always not looked forward to getting older.  I cried on my 20th birthday because I wasn't a teenager anymore.  Most teenagers can't wait til they turn
21, but not me.  I have to be different.  I am not getting older very gracefully.  I know I can't do anything about it, though.  But the alternative is not a choice, to die young.  I will choose to feel young in my head even if my body isn't corporating.  And I think having my grandchildren is a big help in keeping me feeling young or not.  I seem to tire out much faster than they do.  Oh My!  Here's to trying to stay feeling and thinking young!
Shelbel
by on Aug. 25, 2007 at 6:58 PM

I have had trouble getting older...I'm fighting it tooth and nail!!  I hated turning 25 for some reason, 30 was awful cause I couldn't say I was 20 something any more, 40 wasn't so hard but 46 is getting too darn close to 50!!  uggggghhhh!!!
I certainly wouldn't want to be young(er) again though!!  The insecurity and the battles with teenagers were not fun.  I finally feel secure in my womanhood and in my own skin so to speak!  I might not have the body that I had when I was younger but my mentality makes up for it I think.  I am hanging on to my zest for life and enjoying the ride baby!!
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)