Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Young Grandma

Posted by on Apr. 8, 2009 at 2:21 PM
  • 3 Replies
  • 436 Total Views

Hi my name is Lynda, I'm 48 mother of 3, two girls, 19 and 21 one boy, 10 and grandma of 2 one girl, 2 and one boy, 9 months. I'm married to a wonderful man who helps me stay sane in our oftne crazy household as all of the above live with us!  We live in Clinton Corners, NY. 

Having my grandchildren and their mom live with us poses unique challenges but overall I would say having my grandest babies with me is wonderful.  They are such dolls!  I've added a couple of photos of them (I also have a home based Portrait business lyndaloosphotos.com).  I absolutely LOVE to take photos of them! 

I hope to hear from other grandmas and especially from those who live with their grandchildren.

lynda

by on Apr. 8, 2009 at 2:21 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-3):
MimiStacie
by Member on Apr. 8, 2009 at 2:31 PM

Hi Lynda.  Welcome to the group.  I also live in NY State (Adirondacks region) and am a young 48 year old mimi. We don't use the grandma word unless it's the gkids saying it.  I have 3 children ages 31, 29 and 27 and 3 grandkids - granddaughter age 4, grandson age 2, grandson age 20 months. I also have a 5 year old great-niece who is like a granddaughter, if not daughter, and she spends a lot of time in our home.  

The youngest child and grandchild live at home with me and my husband of 30 years (this fall).   It's often crazy and sometimes trying but I absolutely love having the little guy there. They definitely keep you young.

MimiStacie
by Member on Apr. 8, 2009 at 3:15 PM

Just wanted to say I checked out your website - you take beautiful pics.  I love the little fairy sitting on a log.

lyndaloo
by New Member on Apr. 20, 2009 at 3:31 PM

Hi I totally know what you mean about the babies keeping you young.  I just love to play, sing to them and of course take photos! 

Thanks for your comment on my web site photos.  It's been a wonderful journey learning Photography.  I am fortunate enough to have a very supportive husband who doesn't mind the money we have to spend on Photo equipment! 

I think my favorite thing about being a young grandma is being able to be with my grandchildren and do things with them.  I am really looking forward to our extended family camping trips this summer.

My ten year old son had some trouble at first adjusting to his role as an Uncle but now he just loves being "Uncle Bryan".  It is so sweet to see him with the babies.

It is a challange  having my daughter and the babies live here as life has changed in so many ways.

What do you think is the hardest thing for you living with the baby's mom and your grandchild?

I think for me it is that my daughter is no where as neat as I am (she calls me a neat freak, not even close to the truth) and I guess also that I so much want to give advice that often I have to bite my tongue! 

Well have to run.  Oh I wanted to ask is Mimi your first name?  It seems a bit strange to message someone without knowing that.  If you don't want to share it of course that's ok.

take care,

lynda

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)