Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

How to Stop Worrying and Start Living by Dale Carnegie

Posted by on Dec. 1, 2009 at 11:48 AM
  • 3 Replies
  • 435 Total Views

That is one of my favorites by Dale Carnegie.  He wrote How to Stop Worrying and Start Living after he wrote How to Win Friends and Influence People and reading the material helped me to stop worrying once and for all and gave me a big breakthrough.

Blessings to all....

Visit My Profile

by on Dec. 1, 2009 at 11:48 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-3):
DogsMom
by on Dec. 2, 2009 at 6:34 PM

How to win Friends was one of the books I remember from my dad's bookshelf oh so many years ago.  At the time I had no idea why my father was reading it. He was very friendly and popular and seemed to know everyone. We could not walk through a store or the park or anywhere without him stopping to exchange a conversation with several people.

I think I read it around high school, and then went on to devour almost anything from the Nightingale-Carnegie catalog.

QualityMom
by Group Admin on Dec. 3, 2009 at 10:19 AM

That's a cool story--thanks for sharing--it sounds like your Dad was "living" what he had read--which is of course the goal!  It sounds like he was doing exactly what Carnegie wanted--acting and feeling in a way that "attracted" people with his interest in them--hope I will master that myself.

Take Care--:)

Visit My Profile

sophiesmom07
by on Jan. 5, 2010 at 3:00 PM

Quoting DogsMom:

How to win Friends was one of the books I remember from my dad's bookshelf oh so many years ago.  At the time I had no idea why my father was reading it. He was very friendly and popular and seemed to know everyone. We could not walk through a store or the park or anywhere without him stopping to exchange a conversation with several people.

I think I read it around high school, and then went on to devour almost anything from the Nightingale-Carnegie catalog.

I have a very similar memory! My dad had a dusty copy of this book when I was a kid. Many times, he tried to get me to read it, of course, I didn't. I finally read it a few years ago and it was enlightening.  My dad is also very friendly and is constantly talking to people everywhere he goes. Everybody likes him!

happy new year 2010

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)