Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The TRUTH about Working From Home...

Posted by on Mar. 3, 2011 at 10:12 AM
  • 4 Replies
  • 479 Total Views

We all see the ads out there ~ Work From Home ~ 20 Minutes a Day ~ and the money will MAGICALLY start coming to you ~

Ok, so maybe that is a slight exaggeration, but I know I have seen advertisements VERY similar.  And wouldn't it be great if that were true??  Just sit down at your computer for 20 minutes a day, post an ad or two and hundreds of $$ just start rolling in.  You never needed to pick up a phone, talk to anyone, educate yourself on anything...

Well ~ the TRUTH is ~ and get ready for this ~
   Working from Home is actually WORK
Surprising, huh??  I know!!

The actual TRUTH is that if you really want to grow in the network marketing industry ~ no matter what the company is ~ you are going to need to put in a considerable amount of time to get it up and running.  Now, you have the choice as to how hard you want to work at it and how many hours you want to invest per day or week.  This is also the BEAUTY of working from home ~ YOU are in control of where you are going.  YOU have no boss to answer to ~ NO time limits.

Another important factor ~ it can't be all about making MONEY.  Now obviously, MONEY is the reason that we want to work from home in the first place.  But, if all you have in your mind is $$$ then you are going to miss the biggest factor in building ANY business...

RELATIONSHIPS ~ working from home is all about building relationships with others.  Now think about it ~ would you join a company when someone calls you up and gives you very little information about the actual company, but instead has many stories to share of how so and so joined the company and made $X in just a few weeks?  I'm not going to lie to you ~ those stories sound GREAT and I'm sure that strategy has worked for many!!  But sad to say, even if the stories are true, those people aren't going to continue to bring that money in if no RELATIONSHIPS have been built.

Another TRUTH ~ you must be PASSIONATE about what you are doing.  So, take your time and research a company thoroughly before joining.  You are going to be much more willing to put the effort into building your business if you are PASSIONATE about it.

MOST importantly ~ you MUST work on YOU.  You really need to be in the right mindset ~ SEE and BELIEVE where you want to be and KNOW that is is going to happen.

Don't expect things to happen overnight.  Building a business is a long-term GOALand this will take time.  Don't let yourself get discouraged if some days things just don't seem to go the right way.  Remember ~ EVERYTHING you do, no matter how INSIGNIFICANT it may seem at the time, MATTERS.

So, if you are simply curious ~ then keep on DREAMING.  If you are SERIOUS ~ then also ~ keep on DREAMING.  Our DREAMS are what gives us our MOTIVATION!!

Either way ~ I would love to share this FREE e-book with you.  It has given hope to many that ACHIEVING their DREAMS are very possible.  We just all need a little HELP!!  And ~ it's FREE ~ so what do you have to lose!!

We can all SUCCEED if we work TOGETHER.  We don't need to be with the same company to be on the same TEAM to help each other SUCCEED.

Here is to wishing all your DREAMS COME TRUE!!

Laura Walters

"If you want to go fast, go alone. If you want to go far, go together." 

by on Mar. 3, 2011 at 10:12 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-4):
MMcCray
by on Mar. 18, 2011 at 2:52 PM

This is a great post. I am happy to say I love that you post it in this personal development forum as more people need to read it for encouragement. 

-Marlene

CEOMOMTammy
by on Mar. 19, 2011 at 7:42 PM

Wonderful post!

Like you said, a real home business takes work, relationships & time to grow. There are so many people out there who want to make quick & easy money, without putting in any effort. They are the ones who fall into the traps of get "rich quick schemes" & end up disappointed and losing their investments.

People, please do your research & learn all you can before jumping into anything. Take the time to get to know the person presenting you with an opportunity. There should be no pressure - if you feel pressured into making a decision you should turn and run the other way. Find your passion & a good mentor to help you be successful and reach your goals.

May everyone follow their dreams - patience & persistence will get you there!

Tammy Avery
Proud Member of Internet CeoMoms
Helping others one family at a time.

email: tlavery@sympatico.ca
phone: 519-829-2752
http://www.internetceomoms.com/myhealthyhome

BlueSkiesMomOf2
by on Apr. 21, 2011 at 9:45 AM

You are absolutely spot on with this post! So many times I have to remind people that it takes time to reach their goals. That it really does take effort on our part to get started. And nothing is going to magically happen unless you sprinkle a lot of motivation and creativity all over it.

Great post..... two thumbs up!

By the way, I am having a giveaway on my facebook page Becky's Barefoot Books!  I will be GIVING AWAY one of 3 great gifts when I reach 200 fans! The winner will be drawn from my fan list. So all you have to do to enter is "LIKE" my page! Winner will choose from:

·         I wish I were a pilot!

·         Yoga Pretzels card deck

·         Whole World with music CD

P.S.

Once you become a fan, if you'd like to share a link to your business or website, do so in the discussion board topic "share your link".

miabelladebra
by on Sep. 25, 2011 at 9:45 PM

Yup, totally agree! I've been working soley from home for over 10 years and am always a bit perplexed when I hear people complian of no success yet they never spent any time nor  money on their business.

You do have to WoRK it daily and you do have to be passionate.

You also need to invest in both your business and YOURSELF to be the best you can be adn learn from the tried and true steps of the leaders .

But it is SO SO SO worth the time and effort.

Being with my kids everyday is my reward.

LOVE working from home.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)