Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Beware of the Green-eyed Monster!

Posted by on Mar. 7, 2011 at 2:10 PM
  • 0 Replies
  • 451 Total Views

I came across this wonderful little article today that makes us aware of two of the Most Destructive emotions ~ Envy and Jealousy.

http://www.littlethingsmatter.com/blog/2010/11/02/beware-of-the-green-eyed-monster/

We are all guilty of having these emotions from time to time ~ although some seem to be consumed with them, and are probably among some of the most unhappy people.  When we learn to control these emotions and focus on what we have and being happy with who we are, then we can lead a much happier and fulfilling life.

I remember, very recently, someone close to us had put their house up for sale.  Within two weeks, they had one showing and sold the house ~ just like that!  We, on the other hand, had put our house up for sale about 4 years ago and moved into our new house.  After struggling financially for 4 years, we finally sold it ~ although at a much lower price ~ but still, we sold it.  I remember my first thought when hearing they had sold their house that quickly ~ Why couldn't that have happened for us??  They were much better off financially yet we struggled for all those years.  It made me feel quite awful for a few minutes.  Until I sat down and thought ~ what is the difference??  We still sold our house and one situation has nothing to do with the other.  And although they seemed to be lucky with the house selling, they are faced with the challenge of having children when we had no problem having two beautiful children of our own. 

There is always going to be a struggle of some sort and someone else is always going to have something we may want ourselves.  But how we chose to handle these situations is the determining factor in how happy we chose to be.  Don't keep looking for everything you are lacking ~ focus on what you have that others may lack themselves and you will find that you are just as special as you "think" the other person is!

I hope you all take a minute to read the article ~ just another reminder to ourselves to be Happy!!

Have a wonderful day!!

Laura

by on Mar. 7, 2011 at 2:10 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies:
There are no replies to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Cafemom Join now to connect to other members! Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN