Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

In light of all my husband has been through trying to have a relationship with his girls.......

Posted by on May. 4, 2007 at 6:17 AM
  • 5 Replies
  • 189 Total Views
....it makes me very sad to see a site like this.
His ex has put up road block after road block in his attempts to be a part of their lives and then she'll sit and talk about him like you all are doing with yours knowing full well that she has made it impossible for him.
I hope you all truly do have deadbeat exes and that you have done your all to foster a loving relationship between your children and their father. I hope you're not just being bitter.
by on May. 4, 2007 at 6:17 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
tialisa
by on May. 4, 2007 at 8:58 AM
I know that i for one have done everything i can...but you can not force someone to be something their not!! I left my ex when i was pregnant with our third child...after he shoved me down a flight of stairs (the relationship wasn't healthy and that was the last straw) but he has always known where to find his children and how to call them, he has not provided me with any contact information for him, he works until the child support office finds him then he quits so he doesn't have to pay and when my youngest had a brain tumor he blamed me and didn't bother to call after she had surgery. the only way he know about her being sick was from his mom. so i'd say that i have done everything i can to allow him to be a part of their lives even though he is an abusive druggie/alcoholic. i do however agree with the fact that as mothers we should do what we can to allow the fathers of our children to have a relationship with their children but like i said you cant make it happen they have to want it!!!!
dkaam05
by on May. 4, 2007 at 9:02 AM
I tried everything I could for my son's father to be part of his life.  and still nothing.  After 2 years I gave up.  He still tells everyone my son is not his.  Which is fine by me, my son knows nothing about him.  Now if he ever tried to be in my sons life I WILL SAY NO!!  I believe you can't come back after all these years and try to be a father.  My son has a father that loves him very much and that is all that matters.

Your husband just has an evil ex.  Were not all like that.
Justamom96
by New Member on May. 4, 2007 at 9:05 AM
I have a husband like yours now, but my daughters father is the poster child for deadbeat dads.

Just like not all men are dogs, not all women are b*thches.
greeneyedskippy
by on May. 4, 2007 at 6:14 PM
If you read most of these post it is all about dead beat dads and the mothers struggle to keep it all together all alone. My XXX attacks me at every chance and keeps me in tears but pays his child support... late always but pays and I always have our daughter ready to go on her week-end .I'm very positive when she leaves and get nasty texts as soon as their out the drive. But my other daughters father hasn't seen her in 6 years. So to each his own . I wish you luck with your husbands Ex maybe time will make it better.
Nissa
by Member on May. 4, 2007 at 9:43 PM
I won't lie, I am very bitter. But, I would not stop my ex from seeing my son. At least I would not have in the begining, I'm not sure what I would do if he pop'd up now. I gave him every chance to be a daddy but he never even tried. He saw Jacob the day he was born and then he never attempted to see him again. At the divorce proceedings he didn't show. I very well could have taken advantage of the situation and denied him any visitation rights, but I didn't. He has standard visitation rights that are in place still. Children aren't weapons and should never be treated as such. I'm a big girl and can take care of my own feelings, I would never put my beautiful son through my emotional turmoil.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)