Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

My ex has been causing probs...

Posted by on May. 7, 2007 at 3:56 PM
  • 2 Replies
  • 146 Total Views
Hello, my name is Melissa. I am a mother of three children, whom all live with me and my husband of 6 yrs. I left my ex husband about 8 yrs ago. He was very abusive to me and I didn't want my children to grow up in a home like that thinking it was normal, because its not. My dad was never that way towards my mom so I didn't know why I was putting up with it. Anyway, since I remarried my ex hardly ever calls the kids, picks them up at our meeting place, or pays his child support right. He is so far behind they have suspended his drivers license here recently and he's been talking to my 14 yr old daughter about moving in with him. Now I know it's because he wants to get out of the child support obligation. He messes wioth her mind about hopw she doesn't know her baby sister and her other family where he lives, makes her feel like its her fault because she doesn't call. He doesn't call, even on thier birthdays he doesn't call. Heck, he doesn't even remember when thier birthdays are as a matter of fact. I've been having a lot of probs with my 14 yr old and have found out he's been telling her and my two sons,(who are 9 and 11) that they don't have to listen to my husband when he tries to correct them. They have gotten very disrespectful to him and I both. I'm at my wits ends with this. He calls DHS and the child abuse hotlines every once in a while when things get to deep for him and his child support. What am I to do? Please help! It's like he's still got that hold on me I tried to leave behind!
by on May. 7, 2007 at 3:56 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-2):
AngelaDD
by on May. 7, 2007 at 4:32 PM
My ex's mom had a similar problem with her daughters father. He would talk crap about the other family and stuff so she took him back to court and they told him he had one warning after that if he or anyone in his family ever said anything to undermine or even anything negative about the other side then he would lose his visitation and would still have to pay child support and he wouldn't be allowed to see his daughter. A lot of judges won't put up with that kind of actions from either parent.
msliquidity
by New Member on May. 9, 2007 at 5:21 AM
Well, he went and got an order of protection today, came to Fayetteville for the very 1st time EVER and took the children. He told the judge in the county where he lives we were being abusive to the children. Now what do I do?
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)