Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Visitation

Posted by on Feb. 25, 2007 at 11:15 PM
  • 5 Replies
  • 207 Total Views
My ex and I separated about 1 year and 1/2 ago. He took them on alternate weekends for a while after we separated. The problem was that my ex never took care of my children when he had them. My ex sister in law was living with him at the time that he had them and she took care of them. I didn't realize this until months later after he had stopped seeing them. Now he has court ordered visitation. I know that he will not take care of them. His sister and he are not living together anymore so I know that there isn't any back-up in this case.

I know that I could get in trouble if I give them to him and CPS gets called because I was endangering the children. I also know that I could get into trouble if I don't give them to him because I'm court ordered. I don't know what to do. We are working on getting his rights revoked. But that will take a while to do.  What do I do?
I need to protect my babies. They can't fend for themselves. He is just lazy and doesn't give a rats a** about them.
by on Feb. 25, 2007 at 11:15 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
mommymonkey
by on Feb. 25, 2007 at 11:28 PM
If it is court ordered visitation, you do have to allow the children to go. But you don't have to make him take them.
If you have legitamate concerns, make a report to cps yourself, stating what your fears are, and see what legal steps there are that you can take.
bluelover85
by on Feb. 25, 2007 at 11:45 PM
I have tried to report him to cps. They told me that since his sister had taken care of them that they couldn't do anything about it. As long as the children were fed, clothed, and changed.
lnlsmommy
by on Feb. 25, 2007 at 11:47 PM
well see if they will just keep an eye on the situation.
wyatts-mommy
by New Member on Feb. 28, 2007 at 9:07 PM
Yeah my ex wanted our son so bad. But when he got here he only wanted to see him 2 times since he was born! All he ever told me was how he was gonna take Wyatt ( my son) away from me! But the thing is he has NO rights at all! So he has no visition what so ever if it were up to me I wouldnt let him see Wyatt at all! He only wants sumthing to do with wyatt so get can get me back or to brag but he never helps....
Yeah he has bought sum things for him but he never helps take care of him at all! Never offers to come over here and give me a break ....
So I asked my mom if she would let him come over and take care of him for a day once a week.......

But I dont trust him! I am scared he would leave him and ignore him and wyatt would just keep screaming!
Thanks post back
bluelover85
by on Mar. 3, 2007 at 9:41 PM
well if he doesn't have any visitation rights then don't let him see him.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)