Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Child Visation???

Posted by on Mar. 4, 2007 at 4:10 PM
  • 1 Replies
  • 224 Total Views
Hi,
 I decided maybe someone could help me from this group. My husband hasn't seen his daughters since Aug' 04 which has been like 2 1/2 yrs. now. She used to let him see them every weekend then I got pregnant and decided everyother weekend was plently. Then around June of 04' she decided when his weekend would come around she would make up some kind of excuse. Well he thoght he had visiational rights b/c when sept. came and she told him it was her way or the highway "I kid you not that is really what she told him" We went to the court house and there wasn't a single paper in there file about visitation. She told me and him at this point that she hated me "not like the feeling isn't mutual" and that she didn't want her daughters any where near me.

Well fast forward by nearly 3 years as far as where aware of they call her husband Daddy they don't even remember Rich b/c they had just turned 2 and 3 that july 04'. So it was like 3 weeks after they're birthdays we last saw them. We don't know if the address we have for we're she lives is correct, she changed her phone number "it was a cell" and quit the job where we last know where she worked.

Well does anyone know how in the world to serve someone when you don't know where they are. We just hired an attorney and he informed Rich that his name isn't on either one of the girls birth certifcates. He thought he was on the oldest ones. Which her name is Cheyenne and he know he wasn't on Savannah's but it shocked him that he wasn't on either. Also he pays almost 9,000 dollars a yr. So she has gotten over 20,000 dollars total and she refuses to let him know his daughters. Please someone help!!!!
by on Mar. 4, 2007 at 4:10 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-1):
Kelli_and_Riley
by Member on Mar. 4, 2007 at 5:46 PM
You're on the right path if you have an attorney. All I can tell you about serving is that if you have NO WAY of finding out their address or how to contact them, they can be served in the newspaper where they live (some jurisdictions accept this form of service as a last ditch effort, but ask your attorney first). Your husband definitely has rights if he has been paying child support regardless of whether he is on their birth certificates or whether there is legal paperwork in their file about visitation. It is presumed that he is the "legal father' since he is paying child support and that means visitation should be "reasonable." Good luck!
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)