Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

What to tell the kids...

Posted by on Jun. 20, 2007 at 11:13 PM
  • 0 Replies
  • 125 Total Views
HI, My name is Laci, I'm new to this group but not cafe mom... Some background info first

I'm a 22 year old single mom, my kids are dd, almost 3 and ds 19 months.  I have been a single mom since my first was 10 months old (when my husband put me in the hospital) It has been two years now.  My kids don't know their dad at all, they wouldn't be able to pick him out of a line up (which is probably the most likely place they would see him, ha!)

My problem... My kids have stories read to them at daycare about dads, one little boy has his dad pick him up even.  I really think they are very confused.  My daughter points and says every guy is her dad, including all of the men on TV.  Once hse says that little brother chimes in with "No, my daddy" and they go back and forth back and forth.  What do I tell my kids?  I've tried telling them that they have a mommy not a daddy (acting like they were silly gooses)  that didn't work.  I don't EVER mention the word at home, but they know (smart kids, really)  So, what do I tell them, I feel stupid just not saying anything at all...
by on Jun. 20, 2007 at 11:13 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies:
There are no replies to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)