Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Do your children express feelings of abandonment? if so what do you tell them? For those with really young children what do you think you will say if and when they ask?
by on Feb. 9, 2007 at 12:31 PM
Replies (31-33):
momofthree929
by on Aug. 31, 2007 at 1:14 PM
My oldest son is 9 and he expressed feeling of abandonment for a while. He would tell me his "daddy" lied to them and ask me why he wouldn't come see them. I told him I honestly didn't know why he wouldn't come see them. I told him that he should ask his "daddy" that question. I did try to make excusses at first then quickly relized that it was only hurting them more than the truth did. I also made sure he knew it was in no way his or his brother's fault that it was happening, that they had done nothing wrong. My 2 younger children never did really ask and I guess I would tell them almost the same thing, just that I don't know, all I know is they didn't do anything wrong.
PORTUGAL
by New Member on Sep. 15, 2007 at 5:48 PM
If you have another man in your life for a long time .U can tell them they have another Daddy. Thier Stepdad.

[URL=http://www.glitteryourway.com][IMG]http://img505.imageshack.us/img505/5825/glitteryourwaycac2fac6xa4.gif[/IMG][/URL]
mommiepower
by on Sep. 15, 2007 at 5:53 PM
i just replaced my ex- debeat dad with a wonderful man whome is now my husband, his been there since she was born so she knows no differants. but when she asks i am sure she wont care, and i will tell her well your dad didnt wanna step up and grow up so JJ (my hubbs) offered to love her more! she is three now and has no clue!

*DaNiElle*

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN