Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

What a piece of crap!

Posted by on Jul. 25, 2007 at 9:14 AM
  • 2 Replies
  • 141 Total Views

Some of you may remember a post I did around Father's Day, where he expected the kids to get him something, yet he never buys them ANYTHING, he doesn't acknowledge their birthdays, no child support, nothing. 

I have been being stubborn and we haven't talked since last October.  He would never call the girls, so I basically told him that if he wants to know about them, he can call me.  Haven't got the first call......since October.  How can anyone stand to not know what is going on in their kids' lives?  I just don't understand! 

Yesterday, I get a text message from his new wife (who I have nothing against, no one else will put up with the idiot)  It said "Donny is undergoing a real bad surgery."  That is the first we've heard straight from them in 9 months.  Of course, my best friend keeps me up-to-date on what all is going on b/c he's her brother.   Anyway, I wanted to write back, "and I care why?"  Let me explain something, in the past year, he has had a back surgery and two carpal tunnel surgeries that he didn't even need just so he could get the pain pills to sell and hopefully that will help him get disability. He actually admitted that to me.  By the way, new wifey has had 2 back surgeries in the last year, too.  They are on government assistance and their medical bills are paid.  Yet, my kids don't have any insurance b/c I actually work for a living and I can't afford the insurance.  So when she sent me this text message.....I really couldn't have cared less. I wanted to be supportive and tell her something like "I'm sure he'll live.....he still has a few windows  left in the house to bust or a few more beatings left for ya."  (because of him, I am now a sarcastic b****) 

That little mean devil that sits on your shoulder was telling me "don't you just wish the knife would slip?  Then your kids would only cry for a week instead of every night they go to bed?"  Then the little angel on the other shoulder tried to talk to me but I put my fingers in my ears just so the little devil would win!

I refuse to get my kids all worked up over this surgery.  Supposedly, he has an infection in his neck that might leave him paralyzed.  Oh no!  His playstation finger might not work anymore!  It's terrible to say, but good riddance!  I know that God has a purpose for every person here, but I figure his purpose was to make me a really strong person.  Thanks for letting me vent!

by on Jul. 25, 2007 at 9:14 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-2):
AngelaDD
by on Jul. 25, 2007 at 9:25 AM
I completely understand how you feel my ex is only 20 and he has heart problem but it doesn't stop him from occasionally splurging on cocaine or drinking and smoking cigs and weed and everynow and then i think i hope he has a heart attack!!! Maybe it will straighten him out or get him away from us for good but you have to remember that he's still their dad as much as we hate it and as useless as they are. I would tell me kids because it could cause problems when they are older if something should happen to him. I would just tell them hey your dad is having surgery (if you believe in god have them pray for him) he's gona be fine and let them decide what they want if they want to go see him then just suck it up put a lot of gum in your mouth so its too full to say anything and take them to see him in the hospital, they may not care or want to see him and then just be supportive and tell them its okay to feel that way. I hate listening to the darned angel on my shoulder (that's who wrote this message lol)

and as for fathers day I bought my oldest sons dad something cuz he gave me a nice picture of our son framed for mothersday but normally his parents or his new wife should be buying him a present from the children that's not your place anymore. That's how my parents did it.
taralyn2006
by Member on Jul. 25, 2007 at 9:36 AM
Oh believe me I know how you feel. My son is only 18months and his father admitted to a close friend of mine that my son was not wanted by him and that he had wished I would die giving birth and the baby would die as well. Nice right. Now he tries to bother me and make me feel bad. Please GFYS! I love my son although he is a part of you. But anyway he hasn't supported him or seen him. If he sees him it's to ask me if we can sleep together because he's bored and lonely. HAHA too funny. Oh well he'll be in jail soon with drug charges and back child support. I don't care. He deserves to get some from Tiny and Bubba! lol ( and no that's not a racial slur!)
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)