Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

What should I do?

Posted by on Jul. 25, 2007 at 12:11 PM
  • 4 Replies
  • 150 Total Views
My ex and I have a bad history to say the least.  He is currently living in another state, he has never even seen his son (he showed up drunk to the hospital while I was in labor!).  He emailed me today saying that he is making good money and wants to send me a money order to help out with expenses but wants me to call him to set up the details.  I really dont want to talk to him but I want him to support his son.  That and I still feel conflicted about him having any contact with our son.  I just dont know what to do!  Please if anyone has any suggestions please let me know!  Thank you.

by on Jul. 25, 2007 at 12:11 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-4):
shasta1605
by New Member on Jul. 25, 2007 at 12:16 PM

The best thing is to have absolutely no contact with him at all and don't let him have any part in anything that has to do with your son. I've been through it all. It is not worth the money one bit to have all the hassle and heartache.  I would give up my child support in a heartbeat if I could keep my son's father away from him. He's a bad influence and horrible father and it's had bad effects on my son having him come into his life after over 4 years of not being around. They don't change either. While I'm working and doing everything by myself for my son, he is still out partying all the time and working under the table and owes me over $7000 in support. Forget him and find a man who wants to take care of you and your son. It will be better for everyone involved.

mamamom431
by Member on Jul. 25, 2007 at 12:21 PM

Have him set it up with your mom or other trusted person.
                                                          Good luck!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
X_Trixxxie_X
by on Jul. 25, 2007 at 12:29 PM
File papers with DCSS (dept child support services) tell him if he wants to help out financially, do it through them. That way everything is legally documented and he can never say you took the money without reporting it... if he wants to help he won't have a problem with it... if not then he has other reasons that probably have little to do with your child... I wouldn't trust him.

~::Always Remember, You're Absolutely Unique... Just Like Everyone Else::~
ravenrose
by on Jul. 25, 2007 at 12:36 PM
Do you think he has changed? Most people don't. And when it comes to jack asses and their sudden desire to be involved with their kids, it usually has to do with other people making them feel like they have to not because they want to. I have an order of $37 A MONTH. It is not worth the fear that his dad, sorry sperm donor, can show up when ever he wants and put my son through hell because he wants to. Think real hard about what kind of a man he is before you contact him. Either way I would email him and nicely tell him what you decided. Just remember in an email he can keep it forever, so play nice but explain why you came to your decision.

Raven Rose

Blessed Be

Go to fullsize image

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)